Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Denmark-Senior National Team

IHF Member
    It has to be a red flag and strangely enough no one has bothered to mention the hit on Scheel. But it sounds like the decision already has been made (if what Bøjgaard said during broadcast turns out to be right) regarding the final roster, so Hersby gets his spot….

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofaw View Post
    I do hope for not seeing Hersby in the final roster. The stupid and very unintelligent attack on Walters yesterday tells me everything about that guy. You could almost see it in his eyes when he left the ice (and yes I know the Odense team was very disappointed, but that should not count as an excuse for jeopardizing the career and health of another player). And who was responsible for Felix Scheel not participating in the u20 WJC? Yes you’ve probably guessed already. And according to the Rögle bloggers “Sumo” and “Punisher” same totally insane checking from behind. So please PB let us see Eskesen or Rasmus Nielsen in the roster and not Hersby!
    Hersby has never impressed with his play except for his good tournament in Slovakia last year where he performed above expectations. He is no other than an above-average Danish league defenseman when it comes to overall game. The lack of discipline he showed last night is a red flag as Marras writes. Already now, both Simon Grønvaldt and Rasmus Nielsen could do the same job at least as good as Hersby, with escpecially Nielsen bringing better skating and more strength to his game.

On a side note: Nicklas Jensen's Chicago Wolves lost game 2 of their first round series against San Antonio. Chicago have lost two home games now and their season could possible be over on Wednesday. After Vancouver announced that he won't play in the Stanley Cup playoffs this season, there is still a chance for Jensen to make the WC roster. I know he won't make it to the camp but he could be a valuable asset with his goal scoring touch.

I'd like to campaign for both Spelling and Jensen for the WC roster.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarl70 View Post
    I'd like to campaign for both Spelling and Jensen for the WC roster.
    It would be great with Jensen. I think it's too early for Spelling, but on the other hand his sublime righthand shot could actually contribute in the PP.

IHF Member
    Test - 22 April

Germany – Denmark 3-2 SO (0-0,2-1,0-1)
    0-1 Jesper Jensen (Morten Madsen)
    2-2 Nichlas Hardt (Lars Eller, Frans Nielsen)
    SOG: 21-24 PIM: 2-4 Att: 3609

IHF Member
    I'd like to campaign for both Spelling and Jensen for the WC roster

Quote Originally Posted by Sofaw View Post
    It would be great with Jensen. I think it's too early for Spelling, but on the other hand his sublime righthand shot could actually contribute in the PP.
    With only 5 goals being scored in the last four games, it may not be such a bad idea.

IHF Member

Denmark Roster update

Players added:

Michael Eskesen (D) - Odense
    Philip Hersby (D) - Odense

Ehh..This should be interesting.....

Players cut:
    Simon Grønvaldt (D)
    Jannik Karvinen (F)

And Nicklas Jensen is back in the mix.

http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/loven...akter-paa-isen
    Last edited by Marras; 22-04-2012 at 23:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Marras View Post
    Players added:

Michael Eskesen (D) - Odense
    Philip Hersby (D) - Odense

Ehh..This should be interesting.....

Players cut:
    Simon Grønvaldt (D)
    Jannik Karvinen (F)

And Nicklas Jensen is back in the mix.

http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/loven...akter-paa-isen
    Bit surprised that both Hersby and Eskesen were ahead of Rasmus Nielsen. Sure they both have a little bit of WC experience, but still nothing major. Also slightly surprised Andreasen isn't getting tried. Looking more and more like Bjarke Møller is the weapon of choice for the 4. line center position.
    Nicklas Jensen would be a very welcome addition to a team that really struggles to score goals at the moment.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHawks View Post
    Bit surprised that both Hersby and Eskesen were ahead of Rasmus Nielsen. Sure they both have a little bit of WC experience, but still nothing major. Also slightly surprised Andreasen isn't getting tried. Looking more and more like Bjarke Møller is the weapon of choice for the 4. line center position.
    Nicklas Jensen would be a very welcome addition to a team that really struggles to score goals at the moment.
    He would, they just seem to have trouble making up their mind, then he’s in, then he’s out and now he’s in again.

IHF Member
    He would, they just seem to have trouble making up their mind, then he’s in, then he’s out and now he’s in again.
    I guess it also has surprised Bäckmän how well Jensen has transitioned to the pro game in North America.

It really makes no sense to me to select Hersby AND Eskesen ahead of Rasmus Nielsen. Nielsen is an all-star team player this season and it is not like he hasn't been tried on the national team before.

IHF Member
    Vancouver Canucks are now out of this years Stanley Cup playoffs. They lost in OT to LA Kings this morning. Jannik Hansen is now available for the Danish national team. It will be very exciting to see if he accepts or declines the invitation to play for Denmark.

Reasons for declining are that he is probably the Danish player who has played the most hockey over the last 3 years, so he might need a break. He could be injured? I don't believe he can be too disappointed to play for his country, if so - I'll lose alot for him. Professional athletes should be able to deal with losses. Appearently he suffers from jetlag?

Reasons for accepting the invitation could be that WC's are in Sweden, "close" to his home in Copenhagen. He should come home at some point anyway, so why not now and join the NT, who he hasn't played for in 4 years? He wants to represent his country.

I really can't figure out if he's coming or not? What do you think? Would be a major improvement to our team.

IHF Member
    Pending insurance papers, it sounds like he's good to go.

http://sporten.tv2.dk/article.php/id...r.html?forside

IHF Member
    Coyotes are 0 for 7 in games where they can clinch a second round playoff, so dont count out Bødker yet. This is going to be our strongest team ever.

IHF Member
    OMG - GREAT NEWS

I'm sure they'll fix those details. Let him rest a few days and fly him over. Brilliant :)

Daaamn, I'm looking forward to see him playing for Denmark again!

IHF Member

Denmark Denmark - Final IHWC Roster

So here we have it.

Still, don’t get why Hersby and Eskesen are better options than Rasmus Nielsen, but suppose the experience factor might have been part of the equation.

Goaltenders
    Frederik Andersen - Frölunda (SEL)
    Simon Nielsen - Lukko Rauma (SM-FIN)
    Patrick Galbraith - Espoo Blue (SM-FIN)

Defenceman
    Philip Larsen – Dallas Stars (NHL)
    Daniel Nielsen - Hamburg Freezers (DEL)
    Stefan Lassen - Malmö (SWE-1)
    Jesper Jensen - Rögle (SWE-1)
    Mads Bødker - Leksand (SWE-1)
    Kasper Jensen - Bofors (SWE-1)
    Michael Eskesen - Odense Bulldog
    Philip Hersby - Odense Bulldogs

Forwards
    Frans Nielsen – N.Y. Islanders (NHL)
    Jannik Hansen - Vancouver Canucks (NHL)
    Lars Eller - Montreal Canadiens (NHL)
    Morten Madsen - Modo Hockey (SEL)
    Nichlas Hardt – Jokerit (SM-FIN)
    Mads Christensen - Eisbären Berlin (DEL)
    Jesper Jensen - Hamburg Freezers (DEL)
    Julian Jakobsen - Södertälje (SWE-1)
    Morten Green - Malmö Redhawks (SWE-1)
    Morten Poulsen - Oskarshamn (SWE-1)
    Kirill Starkov - SønderjyskE
    Kim Lykkeskov - SønderjyskE
    Frederik Storm - Herlev
    Bjarke Møller- AaB Ishockey

"In reserve"
    Nicklas Jensen - Vancouver Canucks/Chicago Wolves
    Mikkel Bødker - Phoenix Coyotes

http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/her-er-baeckmans-vm-hold

IHF Member
    Nicklas was not in the line-up in last nights game against San Antonio. Has Chicago/Vancouver allowed him to travel to Europe to join the NT?

IHF Member
    Nicklas was not in the line-up in last nights game against San Antonio. Has Chicago/Vancouver allowed him to travel to Europe to join the NT?
    Reportedly sidelined with an injury.

Baumgartner-Connauton on D; Mancari-Doell-Haydar up front. Jensen and Reinprecht out of lineup w/injuries. Bitz in.
    http://twitter.com/#!/Chicago_Wolves

i guess that means he wont play the ihwc no matter what..

Minor concussion I've read, so no he's out I'd say. Also see: http://tv2sport.dk/vm-fund-ramt-af-hjernerystelse (article in Danish)
    Small update, it now seems very unlikely after he had a set back today: http://tv2sport.dk/nicklas-jensen-det-gaar-ikke-godt
    Last edited by WHawks; 25-04-2012 at 22:18.

IHF Member
    They should probaly just shut him down for the season.

sure thing, even though it's minor i just don't see him getting released as an option.

IHF Member
    Hansen has been cleared to play by Vancouver.

http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/saa-e...nik-er-vm-klar

IHF Member
    And it is final: No Nicklas Jensen at the worlds. The right decision. No reason to risk his career.

http://tv2sport.dk/nhl-talent-jeg-melder-fra-til-vm

IHF Member
    There is a good article on Frans Nielsen in today's Jyllands Posten. Here is the online edition: http://spn.dk/andensport/ishockey/article2762797.ece

He talks about his NHL season and the forthcoming World Championships (which is why I posted here) and he gives his view on who is the next Danish "superstar" - Thomas Spelling.

I really believe that Spelling could have been a good fit on the Danish team already this year.

Guess that means we're down to 25 in the camp at the moment...will one get send home to open up for adding Bødker later though?

You guys look to have a very strong team this year. I don't see where this team can't beat any team at the tournament on a given evening.

Well I see Germany, Latvia, Norway and Denmark as almost even for taking the 4th QF spot, which just leaves Italy I can't see winning many points in the group. To me Germany is a slight favourite for the 4th place in this group.
    As for our chances against the top 3 teams in this group I haven't got high hopes. Sweden, Russia and Czech Rep. are the 3 of the top teams we've never really been close to beating unlike the the top 3 teams in the other group. I expect these team to lose very few points if any to the bottom 5 teams.
    On paper...yes the best Danish national team ever. Hopefully the boys will live up to that.

IHF Member
    And it is final: No Nicklas Jensen at the worlds. The right decision. No reason to risk his career.

http://tv2sport.dk/nhl-talent-jeg-melder-fra-til-vm
    Good decision. Vancouver probably wouldn’t have allowed(due to injury) him to play anyway, but hopefully he will be able go next year.

There is a good article on Frans Nielsen in today's Jyllands Posten. Here is the online edition: http://spn.dk/andensport/ishockey/article2762797.ece

He talks about his NHL season and the forthcoming World Championships (which is why I posted here) and he gives his view on who is the next Danish "superstar" - Thomas Spelling.

I really believe that Spelling could have been a good fit on the Danish team already this year.
    Nice read and guess we now has the answer to wherever the contract situation affected his play in the first half of the season.

Also interesting to hear his take on Spelling and at least there seems some light interest from the NHL (Columbus, Phoenix and Toronto having scouted him following the WJC-20). We got to keep our draft streak going...

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHawks View Post
    Well I see Germany, Latvia, Norway and Denmark as almost even for taking the 4th QF spot, which just leaves Italy I can't see winning many points in the group.
    I don't believe Denmark have been able to beat Norway at the World's since moving up in the top division. Norway has an incredible strong team, especially on the forward side with profiles such as Thoresen, Olimb, Skrøder, Bastiansen, Hansen, Holtet and now also the younger Olimb brother, Ken-Andre. Their defense is held together by former Colorado d-man Jonas Holös and the routined Ole Kristian Tollefsen. Fortunately for Denmark's chances against Norway is Mats Zuccarello injured (plus playoff bound) while Tore Vikingstad has retired from the national team. The Danish team may have the better top players (Nielsen, Hansen, Eller, Larsen) but Norway are still better when it comes to the depth in forwards. Norway's greatest asset IMO is the size and physical strength of their line-up. The average weight of the Norwegian team is very close to 90 kg/200 lbs, while Denmark only "manages" to bring an average of almost 86 kg/190 lbs which is partly held up by goalie Frederik Andersen's massive 112 kg/247 lbs. Team Denmark's heaviest player (according to Eliteprospects.com) is one of our "soft" players in Kirill Starkov (95 kg/205 lbs).

I know that it is something that also follows with greater depth but adding some more size and weight to the line-up could really take the Danish NT to the next level, IMO. I still prefer smartness over strength, though. Especially on an international sized rink.
    The young prospects seem to have got it right with Oliver Lauridsen, Markus Lauridsen, Simon Grønvaldt and Rasmus Nielsen bringing good size and strength to the Danish blueline, while forwards Nicklas Jensen, Matthias Bau, Lasse Holgaard, Anders Poulsen and Thomas Spelling also looks to have spent a good portion of time in the weight room.

IHF Member
    Mads Christensen is day-to-day and might miss the WC's.

http://landshold.ishockey.dk/Nyheder.aspx?DocID=12754

Given his history with concussions, it doesn't sound good.
    Last edited by Marras; 30-04-2012 at 14:07.

IHF Member
    Wow, that is somewhat of a shock. Whatever it is, I don't want neither Mads nor the medical staff to take any chances. With Mads' history of head injuries, it is important to take one step at a time right now. All right, if it is dehydration, let him get slowly back and secure that he is ready to play before letting him play. If it is a clot in his blood vessels, small or large, rest him and let him undergo medical research before allowing him to play.

I have my fingers crossed that Mads will be okay again soon and that he will be able to play at the World's, but just like in the case of Nicklas Jensen, there is no need to stress anything.

If it is a serious case of migraine, could it very well have something to do with his previous concussions and then be worth seeing an expert on concussion-like symptoms deriving from a neck injury. I am not a doctor in any way but Sidney Crosby also kept being slammed back in his rehab until the doctors found out that his concussion was in fact an injury sustained in the neck area.
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/75...ue-injury-neck

IHF Member
    Damn. Poor Mads. I know for a fact that migraine attacks can come at any ages, though it's genetic. I can't help to think Playoff Stress, dehydration and even traveling from Berlin to Denmark can be a cause to a severe migraine attack. Plus we don't know what's going on in his personal life. We haven't heard much about any post-concussion symptoms and I have a hard time imagining that it can come out of the blue that long after. I'm no expert though. I had a concussion a year and half ago and I was told by my doctor that it could worsen my migraine attacks. Anyhow it's just speculation. I feel for him.

Maybe it's just my optimism, but I think that Mads Christensen will be ready for the World's. I really hope so - for his sake and for Denmark. And I know he'll do everything to get ready.

IHF Member
    Line-up for tomorrow's test game against Italy:

GK: Frederik Andersen

1st :
    Nichlas Hardt - Frans Nielsen - Lars Eller
    Philip Larsen - Jesper Jensen

2nd:
    Morten Madsen - Julian Jakobsen - Jannik Hansen
    Stefan Lassen - Daniel Nielsen

Madsen replaces Mads Christensen on the second line.

3rd:
    Kim Lykkeskov -Morten Green - Kirill Starkov
    Kasper Jensen - Mads Bødker

4th
    Morten Poulsen - Jesper Jensen - Frederik Storm
    Philip Hersby - Michael Eskesen

13th forward: Bjarke Møller

Per:
    http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/janni...ds-christensen

No update on Christensen.

IHF Member
    So Bäckmann keeps his 1st line. I think it's a shame, but I trust him. I guess he must feel that a line of Christensen and Hansen can score goals for us. Just like Bødker and Christensen did last year. Too bad we don't get to see that tomorrow. The second line tomorrow will have a high work-rate for sure tho. Jensen as 4th line center. Interesting :)

IHF Member
    Would also have liked to have Eller at center, but Bäckmann usually know what he's doing .

OT: Christensen will be tested tomorrow. In case he is not cleared to play, no replacement will be called in.

http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/ny-sc...ads-vm-skaebne

I agree totally with Marinceus. Why not have Eller as center on the 2nd line? Splitting Regin and Nielsen was the key to the quater final in Germany, if you ask me.
    But just like you i trust Bäckman. He is a great coach and always seem to have a good idea about stuff like that.

IHF Member
    Mads Christensen has opted out.

http://aoh.dk/artikel/vm-afbud-fra-mads-christensen

Sounds like the best decision.

IHF Member
    Damn :/ Yea, good decision though. If there's just the slightest chance of anything serious he should stay home and get healthy. Damn it. I was looking so forward seeing him play in Stockholm. Let's hope it's nothing serious.

Now it would make even more sense splitting up the 1st line. One of Jimmy Bøjgaards arguments for keeping the 1st line as it is is for tonights game was that it would allow Julle and Christensen to create some chemistry before the Olympic Qualifications. But that's not going to happen now.

Regarding the lines, can anyone with more hockey knowledge then me, tell me why Lykkeskov is prefered in the 3rd line over Morten Poulsen? To me Poulsen seems to have his best upsides in the offense, and I've always loved Lykkeskovs 4th line hard work. Just wondering :)

But like Tobias and Marras - yea, we couldn't have a better coach and he always seems to make me look silly, when I disagree with him :)

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinceusDK View Post
    tell me why Lykkeskov is prefered in the 3rd line over Morten Poulsen? To me Poulsen seems to have his best upsides in the offense, and I've always loved Lykkeskovs 4th line hard work. Just wondering :)
    The Hardt-Green-Starkov line did pretty well last year, so maybe they are looking for similar setup(Lykkeskov is by no stretch Hardt, but he brings some of the same kind of energy and skating).

Having Green-Starkov and Jensen-Poulsen on their respective line(s) with a fast winger on the left should also keep things more balanced in the bottom-six.

IHF Member
    Test Game - 1 May

Denmark – Italy 4-2 (3-1,0-1,1-0)

1-0 Jesper Jensen (Frans Nielsen, Philip Larsen) PP
    2-0 Mads Bødker (Nichlas Hardt, Frans Nielsen)
    3-1 Nichlas Hardt (Lars Eller, Frans Nielsen)
    4-2 Frans Nielsen (Nichlas Hardt, Lars Eller)
    SOG: 36-15 PIM: N/A Att: 3500

We got the win, still offensively things got a bit too fancy and the defence looked sloppy at times. The second period was rather dreadful to say the least, but hopefully it will be different on Friday and not to mention on Sunday.

IMO Larsen and Nielsen were great while Hansen and Eller disappointed a bit. Hopefully they will turn it around :)

IHF Member
    Also liked the way Jesper B. Jensen played.

The 2nd line lacked chemistry, but given the amount time they have had to find any, it might explain their performance.

Would also still like to move to Eller the 2nd line and shift either Madsen or Hansen to the 1st, still based on the pre-game interview with PB, it sounds like the Hardt-Nielsen-Eller line is not up for discussion.

IHF Member
    Yea, it's too bad. I really think he's gonna change it after a few games. I was confirmed in my lack of fate in the 2nd and 3rd line yesterday. I really don't it. We get Lars Eller home, a star in Danish hockey, and we choose to use him in a position he's not comfortable playing. To me, that's plain stupid. I'm sure Hansen can a better job in that 1st line then Eller.

On other notes;

Frans Nielsen, king of the ice. He could playmake for a whole line, with or without Lars Eller IMO. Larsen looked really, really good. Same as Jesper B Jensen. Like Olaf Eller said - those two maybe to similar? We could use an offensive D-Man in the second line. Do you think Daniel Nielsen is as creative, confident as Jesper B Jensen?

Hansen and Eller were disappointing for various reasons. No biggie - they'll get better. I liked Lykkeskovs game - I think you were right yesterday, Marras. He reminds a little more of Hardt then Poulsen, and that's probably why he got the spot in the 3rd line. Starkov and Green did a decent job. I think Starkov played well unlike Olaf Eller. Fourth line looked a little shaky. Hope that'll get better :)

Yea, it's too bad. I really think he's gonna change it after a few games. I was confirmed in my lack of fate in the 2nd and 3rd line yesterday. I really don't it. We get Lars Eller home, a star in Danish hockey, and we choose to use him in a position he's not comfortable playing. To me, that's plain stupid. I'm sure Hansen can a better job in that 1st line then Eller.

On other notes;

Frans Nielsen, king of the ice. He could playmake for a whole line, with or without Lars Eller IMO. Larsen looked really, really good. Same as Jesper B Jensen. Like Olaf Eller said - those two maybe to similar? We could use an offensive D-Man in the second line. Do you think Daniel Nielsen is as creative, confident as Jesper B Jensen?

Hansen and Eller were disappointing for various reasons. No biggie - they'll get better. I liked Lykkeskovs game - I think you were right yesterday, Marras. He reminds a little more of Hardt then Poulsen, and that's probably why he got the spot in the 3rd line. Starkov and Green did a decent job. I think Starkov played well unlike Olaf Eller. Fourth line looked a little shaky. Hope that'll get better :)
    I agree, Eller and Hansen looked really bent outa shape! Eller has nothing to do on the wing! He even said at the interim interview that it was not his prefered place to play! He did not seem to happy...

Hope he swaps it... Am I the only one dissapointed by Andersen in goal? I think he looked really sloppy and lazy!
    ”Hockey's the only place where a guy can go nowadays and watch two white guys fight.”

IHF Member
    Daniel Nielsen should be an upgrade over Hersby and help the transition game, still as reasonable it might be to move Jensen to the 2nd pairing, he’s the only d-men who, arguably outside Larsen can keep up with the NHL’ers and sometimes Nielsen, Lassen have a tendency to be mistake prone so at least for now, I would keep the Larsen-Jensen pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by Popiel View Post
    I agree, Eller and Hansen looked really bent outa shape! Eller has nothing to do on the wing! He even said at the interim interview that it was not his prefered place to play! He did not seem to happy...

Hope he swaps it... Am I the only one dissapointed by Andersen in goal? I think he looked really sloppy and lazy!
    That interview said it all.

Regarding Anderson, he didn’t look good on the first goal, the second one was kind of a fluke goal, but guess his play simply reflected the whole team’s performance.
    Last edited by Marras; 02-05-2012 at 13:21.

IHF Member
    Article on iihf.com about the danish roster nad its chances in the upcoming WC

http://www.iihf.com/competition/272/...ash=0f74e4d202

IHF Member
    Suppose the good news is that we actually could have won the game, if not at least secured a point with some better shooting. But minus the lack of capitalizing on a couple of major scoring changes, a pretty impressive performance and not the worst start to the tournament.

IHF Member
    I agree, but the way the czechs played I feel we should have been able to do more. Its like playing Italy in football. You never see them being offensive unless they have to. They are gifted players, but are not willing to show it if they dont have to. And when you cant capitalize on a 5-3 power play, then it is destined to be tough...

IHF Member
    Suppose the good news is that we actually could have won the game, if not at least secured a point with some better shooting. But minus the lack of capitalizing on a couple of major scoring changes, a pretty impressive performance and not the worst start to the tournament.
    I watched the post-game show on Swedish TV4 where former hockey coach Niklas Wikegård analyzed the game. Although it was clear that he saw the game from a different perspective than most Danish hockey fans had, saying something like that the Czechs got the expected win without having to go trough a whole lot of effort to do so. He did point out, though, that Denmark was the better team and kept the Czechs away from open scoring chances. He also said something that was a good observation that I hope the boys will learn from and bring to coming games:
    We are not aggressive enough when we enter the offensive zone. Go to the net, shoot pucks and get the puck moving on the powerplay. The powerplay was way too slow today and we only managed to get close to scoring 2-3 times despite having some golden chances to do so.

All in all, I am satisfied with the performance. I had not expected a win but as the game went on, I really felt that we could take home the victory.

Kudos to the third and fourth line who did an excellent job out on the ice. Kirill Starkov looked good. For some reason, he always seem to do better at the WC compared to his performances doing the pre-tournament games. Today he was good and I really hope that Bäckman will move Jesper Jensen to the 3rd line versus Italy.

IHF Member
    Yes. I like Wikegård and his way of commenting the game. He doesnt wrap it in so much. I suppose after danish standards that Bøjgaard and Elming are ok, but lets face it. They have no way the hockey knowledge that a guy like Wikegård has. I always watch TV4 and their hockey programs whenever there is an overlap with TV2 Sport.

After the Sweden - Norway game I have to say that defeting norway will be a key point to reach the QF. It will be very tough though. Thet played very well against Sweden tonight.

IHF Member
    saying something like that the Czechs got the expected win without having to go trough a whole lot of effort to do so. He did point out, though, that Denmark was the better team and kept the Czechs away from open scoring chances. He also said something that was a good observation that I hope the boys will learn from and bring to coming games:
    We are not aggressive enough when we enter the offensive zone. Go to the net, shoot pucks and get the puck moving on the powerplay. The powerplay was way too slow today and we only managed to get close to scoring 2-3 times despite having some golden chances to do so.
    True.

Guess you always can discuss how much effort the Czechs had to put into win and looking at the two rosters, talent-wise and the difference in age (28,5 versus our roughly 25 years), I was expecting a bit more lopsided games, instead of the Czech Republic simply defending(Suppose, you don't change a winning formula) and allowing us to be the more offensive minded team.

But again, with a combined 16-2(5-2,5-0,6-0) score in the previous games against them at this level, yesterday’s performance stand out, so things seem to be improving :).

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information