Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Denmark-Senior National Team

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinceusDK View Post
    I can’t wait to see if True will be able to crack a spot in the roster. If his only position is center it probably will become too difficult of a task since we’re deep on that position this year. It might also give a minor indication of how strong the AHL is compared to to the top European leagues.

Does anyone know where From is and what is the story with him? I can’t figure out if he’s with Rockford or not?
    He’s a center and since they also (reportedly) had the option of adding Joachim Blichfeld, who’s a winger but declined to use that option a guess would that center is the position they plan to use True.

Making the team that actually is going to play is perhaps a longshot, but he could still be named to the final roster as a “reserve” like Aagaard and From were two years ago.

Nevertheless it’s going to be very interesting to see what he can do at this level.

Definitely one of the more promising prospects in the Danish talent pool.

Update:

Alexander True's San Jose Barracuda has qualified for the AHL playoffs, so remains to be seen when or if he'll be available to play for Denmark.

As for From no idea, but it’s a bit odd that he’s yet to play a game for Rockford.

You could argue that he might as well could have been at the team Denmark camp then (don’t see any reason why the coaching staff wouldn’t have named him to the roster).

Quote Originally Posted by Stolpskott View Post
    Game 1: SWE won 4-1. Denmark played well, good cycle and pressure in the first period. Very ineffective. Jensen & Regin are solid players.
    A good showing by Denmark and a better performance than usual at this stage of training camp. The stronger and more effective team won, but there were more positives than negatives for the Danish team.
    Last edited by Marras; 15-04-2018 at 07:37.

IHF Member

EHC 2018 - Game 3+4 – 12 & 14 April

Denmark - Sweden 1-4 (0-1,0-2,1-1)
    1-4 Nicklas Jensen (Peter Regin) PP
    SOG: 22-23, PIM: 20-10, Att: 1887

Denmark - Sweden 1-5 (0-3,1-0,0-2)
    1-3 Thomas Spelling (Emil Kristensen, Morten Madsen)
    SOG: 30-27, PIM: 8-6, Att: 2663

IHF Member
    Too bad we don’t get to see True in the games up to WC’s but for his development it’s probably better to experience the AHL Play Off.

Very odd with Mathias From. At least we have plenty of offensive power from top European leagues in Storm, Hardt, Christensen and Nicolas Jensen.

Regarding the games versus Sweden it was exciting to see how we were able protect the puck and cycle it around in offensive zone. Regin and Jensen to be fit. Bjorkstrans, Poulsen and Madsen are other forwards to mention.
    On the flip side - our defensive zone play lacked discipline which isn’t exactly a new thing under Karlsson. Larsen looked very average, he needs reach a whole other level. Emil Kristensen looked pretty solid. I think he’s sure to take one of the two last D-spots.

Looks like Frederik Andersen could be in for an early Stanley Cup exit. Will be interesting to follow.

IHF Member

Denmark Denmark – IHWC 2018 – Camp Roster IV

Roster for the upcoming EHC games against Belarus.

Goaltenders:
    Thomas Lillie - Frederikshavn
    Sebastian Dahm – Iserlohn (DEL)
    George Sørensen – Södertälje (Allsvenskan)

Defencemen:
    Stefan Lassen – Pelicans (Liiga)
    Matias Lassen - Malmö (SHL)
    Oliver Lauridsen - Jokerit (KHL)
    Emil Kristensen – Kookoo (Liiga)
    Philip Larsen - Salavat Yulaev Ufa (KHL)
    Jesper Jensen Aabo – Jokerit (KHL)
    Oliver Larsen – Leksands Jrs. (SWE)
    Nicolas B. Jensen - Bremerhaven (DEL)

Forwards:
    Frederik Storm – Malmö (SHL)
    Patrick Bjorkstrand - Nürnberg (DEL)
    Matthias Asperup - Rødovre
    Nicklas Jensen - Jokerit (KHL)
    Steffen Klarskov - Rødovre
    Nick Olesen - Frederikshavn
    Kristian Jensen - Frederikshavn
    Morten Madsen - Karlskrona (SHL)
    Morten Poulsen – Innsbruck (EBEL)
    Jesper Jensen – Brynäs (SHL)
    Nichlas Hardt - Malmö (SHL)
    Thomas Spelling - Sønderjyske
    Patrick Russell - Bakersfield Condors (AHL)
    Nicolai Meyer - Troja-Ljungby (Allsvenskan)

Peter Regin – Jokerit (KHL)

Cuts:
    Martin Larsen (D) – Odense
    Kristoffer Lauridsen (F) - Frederikshavn
    Søren Nielsen (F) - Odense
    Mads Eller (F) - Rødovre

IHF Member
    Too bad we don’t get to see True in the games up to WC’s but for his development it’s probably better to experience the AHL Play Off.

Very odd with Mathias From. At least we have plenty of offensive power from top European leagues in Storm, Hardt, Christensen and Nicolas Jensen.

Regarding the games versus Sweden it was exciting to see how we were able protect the puck and cycle it around in offensive zone. Regin and Jensen to be fit. Bjorkstrans, Poulsen and Madsen are other forwards to mention.
    On the flip side - our defensive zone play lacked discipline which isn’t exactly a new thing under Karlsson. Larsen looked very average, he needs reach a whole other level. Emil Kristensen looked pretty solid. I think he’s sure to take one of the two last D-spots.

Looks like Frederik Andersen could be in for an early Stanley Cup exit. Will be interesting to follow.
    It'ss and From could at least have provided some offensive depth to the team.

He obviously has struggled this season, still his production did pick up in the Allsvenskan Playoffs and the IHWC is in a sense a “new season”.

As for the defence…well at least they are pretty consistent since it’s the same year after year in regards to these pre-tournament games but they usually step up when needed.

Even if Toronto is eliminated in the first round Andersen’s participation is (IMO) rather doubtful. He has played a lot of games this season so he or Maple Leafs’ management might be inclined to call it a season. But guess we just have to wait and see.

IHF Member

Denmark EHC 2018 - Game 5+6 – 20 & 21 April

Belarus - Denmark 1-2 (0-1,0-1,1-0)
    0-1 Patrick Russell (Matthias Asperup, Steffen Klarskov)
    0-2 Frederik Storm (Jesper Jensen)
    SOG: 35-20, PIM: 6-8, Att: 2472

Belarus - Denmark 0-2 (0-1,0-1,0-0)
    0-1 Morten Poulsen (Morten Madsen)
    0-2 Jesper Jensen (Frederik Storm, Nichlas Hardt)
    SOG: 32-22, PIM: 10-14, Att: 2118

IHF Member
    Two hard fought wins where Denmark seemed clinical and smart. I saw both games and must say that although the teams D wasn’t tested the same way as against Sweden it looked more solid. Good goalie performances - especially yesterday.
    It will be interesting with the addition of Frans Nielsen Tuesday. I just can’t see who he will be paired with? Any ideas? Madsen might be one of them though.
    Now where it seems unlikely we get any NHL wings I really think it’s a mistake not to invite From (despite we don’t know his whereabouts and his poor season). We could use some speed and creativity in our wings as it is now IMO.
    Strong and deep team overall though.

IHF Member
    Two hard fought wins where Denmark seemed clinical and smart. I saw both games and must say that although the teams D wasn’t tested the same way as against Sweden it looked more solid. Good goalie performances - especially yesterday.
    It will be interesting with the addition of Frans Nielsen Tuesday. I just can’t see who he will be paired with? Any ideas? Madsen might be one of them though.
    Now where it seems unlikely we get any NHL wings I really think it’s a mistake not to invite From (despite we don’t know his whereabouts and his poor season). We could use some speed and creativity in our wings as it is now IMO.
    Strong and deep team overall though.
    Good to hear.

Belarus is of the countries we usually use as sort of a benchmark (much like the upcoming match against Germany is, although I hope that certain key players will be giving a maintenance day just to play it safe) so always positive to get a couple of wins.

Who’s Nielsen going to play with…interesting question.

We got plenty of wingers to fill out the 3rd and 4th line (Madsen, Poulsen, P. Bjorkstrand, Russell and Bau(if he’s cleared to play)), but obviously lack some alternatives offensively.

Karlsson has hinted that Mads Christensen will play with Regin & Jensen and might be a bit risky to break up the line of Hardt, Jensen and Storm. (If not perhaps let Storm and/or Hardt play with Nielsen and find a winger for a Madsen-Jensen Line.)

So for the “lack” of better options, my guess would also be Madsen to be one of the wingers on Nielsen’s line.

As for the opposite wing (and assuming Nielsen will be the lone NHL forward on the roster) P. Bjorkstrand with his speed could be an option.

Guess you can say that we are one NHL winger short
    Last edited by Marras; 22-04-2018 at 20:34.

IHF Member
    It sure is a benchmark, and luckily it looked good. Solid goaltending, D and great finishing. Looks solid. With the addition of Frans Nielsen it looks like we are going to have two very even scoring lines. I don't recall having that before. I look forward seeing how that will work out.

It's funny with Storm. It seems that everytime he's in a line surrounded by scorers and very offensively skilled players we don't seem to see the best of him. Place him in a 3rd line surrounded by grinders og energy players he seems to excel.

Even though Patrick Russell is perfect for a 3rd and 4th line I have a feeling he might be teamed up with Nielsen because of his pace, scoring touch (he's been on a hot streak lately) and North Amerincan playstyle. Perhaps with Morten Madsen, but we might lack some creativity then?

I've never seen P. Bjorkstrand in a scoring line in a World Championships. I have a hard time imagining he can fill that role, but perhaps. The games versus Sweden he looked very pacey and in a good shape. Forward constellations so far would look like this if I were Janne Karlsson.

N. Jensen - Regin - Christensen
    Madsen - Nielsen - Russell
    Storm - J. Jensen - Hardt
    Bjorkstrand- Jakobsen - M. Poulsen

I hope Mathias Bau Hansen will join the roster soon. We could use his size and checking.

IHF Member

Denmark Denmark – IHWC 2018 – Camp Roster V

Roster for the Wednesday's game against Germany.

Goaltenders:
    Thomas Lillie - Frederikshavn

Defencemen:
    Oliver Larsen – Leksands Jrs. (SWE)

Forwards:
    Steffen Klarskov - Rødovre
    Mathias Bau Hansen - Hershey Bears (AHL)
    Frans Nielsen - Detroit Red Wings (NHL)

Thomas Spelling - Sønderjyske

Cuts:
    Matthias Asperup (F) – Rødovre
    Nick Olesen (F) - Frederikshavn
    Kristian Jensen (F) - Frederikshavn

IHF Member
    It sure is a benchmark, and luckily it looked good. Solid goaltending, D and great finishing. Looks solid. With the addition of Frans Nielsen it looks like we are going to have two very even scoring lines. I don't recall having that before. I look forward seeing how that will work out.

It's funny with Storm. It seems that everytime he's in a line surrounded by scorers and very offensively skilled players we don't seem to see the best of him. Place him in a 3rd line surrounded by grinders og energy players he seems to excel.

Even though Patrick Russell is perfect for a 3rd and 4th line I have a feeling he might be teamed up with Nielsen because of his pace, scoring touch (he's been on a hot streak lately) and North Amerincan playstyle. Perhaps with Morten Madsen, but we might lack some creativity then?

I've never seen P. Bjorkstrand in a scoring line in a World Championships. I have a hard time imagining he can fill that role, but perhaps. The games versus Sweden he looked very pacey and in a good shape. Forward constellations so far would look like this if I were Janne Karlsson.

N. Jensen - Regin - Christensen
    Madsen - Nielsen - Russell
    Storm - J. Jensen - Hardt
    Bjorkstrand- Jakobsen - M. Poulsen

I hope Mathias Bau Hansen will join the roster soon. We could use his size and checking.
    It would be interesting to see Russell or a Bau Hansen get the chance to play with Nielsen. Jesper Duus did mention in the press release for today’s roster that Hansen perhaps could play a bigger role this year (same could be said about Russell) and he has shown some offensive potential in his time in the Danish Elite League, but obviously there’s a significant difference between the level of play in Denmark and at the international level.

Storm hopefully will stay wth Hardt and Jensen, it’s a line that works and better to play it safe instead of too much late line juggling.

And agree Bjorkstrand is better suited to play a more defensive role, but line chemistry is not exactly an exact science and playing with Nielsen, could perhaps help elevate the former’s offensive game.

That could of course also be said about several of the other wingers on the roster, which only leads us back to initial issue, we are one proven scoring winger short

The lines you list looks like a very good projection, only change I would make is that (as you note) Bau should have a spot in the lineup.

IHF Member
    Come on guys. Are you serious? To place the best player in third line? I think Nielsen will play with Storm and Hardt. Jesper Jensen will center Bjorkstrand and Madsen. If Frederik Andersen joins the roster it could certainly be good, but I still think we need some high end fire power. If things do not work out with the above mentioned lines I also believe that Karlsson will play Regin as winger with NJ and Nielsen as center. Precisely to get that high end line.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofaw View Post
    Come on guys. Are you serious? To place the best player in third line? I think Nielsen will play with Storm and Hardt. Jesper Jensen will center Bjorkstrand and Madsen. If Frederik Andersen joins the roster it could certainly be good, but I still think we need some high end fire power. If things do not work out with the above mentioned lines I also believe that Karlsson will play Regin as winger with NJ and Nielsen as center. Precisely to get that high end line.
    I’m a little confused regarding who you are referring to as our best player? You mean Frans Nielsen? Who put him in a third line?
    Looking at the lines above the Regin and Nielsen line are very even and I put Regin’s line on top as I think they will start most games as a statement to rest of the team that the roster is deep and we have two lines that can produce.

Putting Regin as a wing makes absolutely no sense to me. Back in the days where Regin had more speed and tenacity it might have been an idea worth trying, but can a small team like Denmark afford one of their three best players to play out of position? The answer is no. We saw it with Eller in 2012 where he was placed as a wing with Hansen and Nielsen. It was heartbreaking to waste talent like that.

In the final minutes of a game we might see Nielsen and Regin together and in power play. Other then that, I hope not. I think you lines are way off but let’s see. He has seemed very reluctant to separate Hardt/Jensen/Storm.

One thing I find very odd is Thomas Spelling. It’s weird he was benched through the games against Belarus but he wasn’t cut? Probably because JK realizes we’re a scoring winger short but still a little odd, not to give him some ice time. I would not be surprised to see him in line with Nielsen and Madsen tomorrow.

IHF Member

In the final minutes of a game we might see Nielsen and Regin together and in power play. Other then that, I hope not. I think you lines are way off but let’s see. He has seemed very reluctant to separate Hardt/Jensen/Storm.

One thing I find very odd is Thomas Spelling. It’s weird he was benched through the games against Belarus but he wasn’t cut? Probably because JK realizes we’re a scoring winger short but still a little odd, not to give him some ice time. I would not be surprised to see him in line with Nielsen and Madsen tomorrow.
    Spelling is cut. Bøjgaard told that today during the AP vs BF game. Apparently at practise today Nielsen played with Bau and Russell. You might be right about the lines, but I fear that we need high end skills to make the crucial goals. Hopefully I´m wrong and if FA comes to the WC everything could be different.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofaw View Post
    Spelling is cut. Bøjgaard told that today during the AP vs BF game. Apparently at practise today Nielsen played with Bau and Russell. You might be right about the lines, but I fear that we need high end skills to make the crucial goals. Hopefully I´m wrong and if FA comes to the WC everything could be different.
    Understand the reasoning/concern but as Marinceus says, Regin is a natural/better fit at center and I think overall it’s the better option to utilize our top players in the position they are used to be playing. If you moved him to the wing, you instantly also downgrade the center position as some of the alternatives to fill that role arguably won’t be able to play at the same level as Regin. So the net-gain might be at a minimum.

Also why I would be a bit reluctant to break up the line Hardt-Jensen-Storm and for that sake, also the line of (Christensen)-Regin-Jensen. Instead of just having to make one new line-combo (Russell-Nielsen-Bau) in the Top-9 you could end up with changes that affect more than just that one.

But let’s wait and see what the coaching staff decides to do.

Toronto is out and Andersen is available. Probably the best goaltender in the tournament if he joins.

IHF Member
    Frederik Andersen is confirmed joining the Danish roster. A huge morale boost for the Danish team and a big upgrade. The Danish roster looks solid. We could as Marras has pointed out use one more proven scoring winger.

IHF Member

Denmark EHC 2018 - Game 7 – 25 April

Denmark - Germany 4-3 OT (0-1,3-2,0-0,1-0)
    1-1 Nikolaj Meyer (Nicklas Jensen, Peter Regin)
    2-1 Nicklas Jensen (Philip Larsen, Peter Regin) PP
    3-2 Morten Poulsen (Morten Madsen, Patrick Bjorkstrand)
    4-3 Frederik Storm
    SOG: 27-16, PIM: 6-16, Att: 1768

IHF Member
    Frederik Andersen is confirmed joining the Danish roster. A huge morale boost for the Danish team and a big upgrade. The Danish roster looks solid. We could as Marras has pointed out use one more proven scoring winger.
    A most welcomed addition to say the least (not that Dahm isn’t a capable starting goalie at this level, but having Andersen obviously improves the position).

Oliver Bjorkstrand is reportedly still considering his options, which is positive but at the same time, it’s perhaps not that likely that he’ll end up joining team so guess they just will need to work with the wingers currently on the roster.

Some late additions might be a possibility, depending on the outcome of the NHL playoffs but that’s more speculation at this point.

IHF Member

Denmark Denmark – IHWC 2018 – Preliminary Roster

Roster for today's game against the USA.

Goaltenders:
    Frederik Andersen - Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL)

Defencemen:
    Daniel Nielsen - Herning

Forwards:
    Mads Christensen - EHC München (DEL)
    Oliver Bjorkstrand - Columbus Blue Jackets (NHL)
    Julian Jakobsen - Aalborg
    Mathias Bau Hansen - Hershey Bears (AHL)
    Frans Nielsen - Detroit Red Wings (NHL)

Cuts:
    Simon Nielsen (G) - Herning
    Thomas Lillie (G) - Frederikshavn
    Oliver Larsen (D) – Leksands Jrs. (SWE)
    Steffen Klarskov (F) - Rødovre
    Last edited by Marras; 02-05-2018 at 17:13.

IHF Member

Denmark Pre-tournament game - 1 May

Denmark - USA 2-3 (1-2,1-1,0-0)
    1-2 Jesper Jensen (Jesper Jensen Aabo, Frans Nielsen) PP
    2-3 Mathias Bau Hansen (Jesper Jensen)
    SOG: 23-25, PIM: 6-8, Att: 2678

IHF Member

Denmark Roster Update

Columbus Blue Jackets' winger Oliver Bjorkstrand has been added to the Danish roster.

IHF Member

Denmark Roster Update

Winger Mathias Bau Hansen is out for tournament due to having surgery on a ruptured spleen.

Hansen was injured after delivering a hit in the second period of yesterday's game between Denmark-USA.

IHF Member

Denmark Roster Update

San Jose Sharks winger's Mikkel Bødker and Jannik Hansen have been cleared to join the Danish team.

IHF Member

IIHF IHWC 2018 – Overview

Results:
    Denmark - Germany 3-2 SO
    Denmark – USA 0-4
    Denmark – Canada 1-7
    Denmark – Finland 3-2
    Denmark – Norway 3-0
    Denmark - Korea 3-1
    Denmark – Latvia 0-1

Top Scores-Denmark – IHWC 2018
     TeamLeaguePGPGAPPIM+/-
    1. Frans NielsenDetroitNHLF73360-1
    2. Jesper Jensen AaboJokerit KHLD714516-2
    2. Mikkel BødkerSan JoseNHL F40442+1
    4. Nichlas HardtMalmöSHLF72134-4
    5. Oliver BjorkstrandColumbus NHLF71230-4

Goaltending-Denmark - IHWC 2018
     Team LeagueGPIMinsGAASVSSO
    1. Frederik AndersenTorontoNHL6362:561,6594,381
    2. Sebastian DahmIserlohnDEL160:007,0077,420

Full lists –Skaters & Goalies and roster.

Best player of each team – Selected by the coaches:
    Frederik Andersen (G) - Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL)
    Jesper Jensen Aabo (D) – Jokerit (KHL)
    Frans Nielsen (F) - Detroit Red Wings (NHL)

IHF Member

Denmark Janne Karlsson steps down, new coaching staff announced

After 5 years as national team’s coach for Denmark Janne Karlsson and the DIU have decided not to extend Karlsson’s contract and with assistant Tomas Jonsson (been with the team since 2009) also leaving, Denmark will have an entire new coaching staff for the coming season.

Replacing Karlsson as head coach is Heinz Ehlers, who served as an assistant this season and alongside his new position, will remain as coach for the SCL Tigers. Joining Ehlers is his current assistant in SCL, Rikard Franzén and Leksands’ assistant Jens Nielsen. Rounding out the staff is Timrå’s Peter Hirsch, who will serve as goaltending coach.

Interesting approach by the DIU, in the sense that it won’t be a full-time employed staff (Team Denmark GM Jesper Duus will have a more active role in scouting players) and that for the first time in over 20 years, a Dane will be coaching the national team.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread Information