Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Denmark-Senior National Team

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinceusDK View Post
    Time is almost up and I can't wait for the World Championship to begin. As always there's alot of guessing, speculation and debating about who'll make the team and who won't. Still one last cut, so I was thinking which two Forwards do you think will be cut before leaving for Moscow?

My guess is Mikkel Aagaard and Thomas Spelling and here's why;

That's just my guess! Not sure if it's my personal stand of view but based on previous selections, I think that's how it's going to work out. What do you guys think?
    I think the two games against Slovakia should give a good indication (surprise,surprise :) on who’s in and who’s out.

The argument for keeping Mikkel Aagard would be that in addition to having played very well, he has also added some offence (5 points in 6 games) and his +/- of +7 is first on the team, which is pretty solid for a 20 year-old forward making his NT's debut.

Aagard is also a player for the future (same goes for From) and regardless of how this year’s team will perform, we are only two years away from hosting the tournament on ice-home, so (IMO) you got to focus on the players, who potentially could be part of the 2018 roster.

Now with Christensen and Jensen being available the question obviously becomes how do you fit them all in?

If Karlsson sticks to the idea of having our NHL’ers on the top line, Ehlers will be moved from the 3rd to the 1st line. As an alternative, Jensen could play with Hansen & Eller, while Ehlers stays with From & Aagaard or with Christensen, who has played center before while Aagaard then centers the 4th line with say Bau Hansen & Poulsen/Starkov.

This obviously creates another problem namely, what do you do with the captain? Who apparently has to play on one of the three top lines.

So that basically leaves Green centering a line with Christensen/Jensen or with Ehlers and Christensen/From on the other wing. Unless of course he’s moved to the 4th line to play, which arguably would mean that either Aagaard or perhaps From are out.

As for Thomas Spelling, I agree that he alongside Aagaard could be the odd man out, which would be a shame, but again, at this point and presumably going forward, he’s a forward you would prefer to have on one of the two top-lines and it’s getting crowed there, not only this time around but also going forward.

And the same can be said about the bottom-six, where you the have the likes of Hardt, Madsen, P. Bjorkstrad, Jakobsen, Storm and a Bau Hansen presumably being better fits as 3rd or 4th line players than Spelling.

But needless to say, it will be interesting to see how the final roster will look like.
    Last edited by Marras; 27-04-2016 at 18:15.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinceusDK View Post
    Time is almost up and I can't wait for the World Championship to begin. As always there's alot of guessing, speculation and debating about who'll make the team and who won't. Still one last cut, so I was thinking which two Forwards do you think will be cut before leaving for Moscow?

My guess is Mikkel Aagaard and Thomas Spelling and here's why;

I think Aagaard might be a little too young still and bringing three "junior players" to Moscow might be a little too much, even though Janne Karlsson likes young players. Aagaard plays the center position - where we are soft to say the least, this year. Aagaard lacks WC experience and with a team missing 4-5 core players that can be crucial. I think Kirill Starkov will be picked over him because of his versatility to play the center position if needed, and because of his experience. We are also going to need the extra pounds from Kirill to compensate for our smaller players.

Regarding Spelling - from experience Janne Karlsson is very reluctant to use Spelling in a 4th line grinding role, and with the amount of offensive talent the Danish roster has this year, I think it's going to mean that Spelling will not make the team. I think Janne Karlsson has more trust in Bau Hansen, Poulsen and even Mathias From to full fil a role like that. Then again - Spelling's defensive game has improved but much like Starkov his level of intensity varies alot.

That's just my guess! Not sure if it's my personal stand of view but based on previous selections, I think that's how it's going to work out. What do you guys think?
    I'll just say my oppinion on who I think should be cut, because I'm definitely qualified :D
    Nah, in all seriousness I think Mads Bødker and Starkov should be cut, I feel we have better players for the roles those guys cover. Also I'm guessing Karlsson will probably leave at least one spot open for a late NHL-reinforcement.

All in all I think the team looks a lot deeper on talent and spirit than in the last few seasons, so let's hope that will be enough.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHawks View Post
    I'll just say my oppinion on who I think should be cut, because I'm definitely qualified :D
    Nah, in all seriousness I think Mads Bødker and Starkov should be cut, I feel we have better players for the roles those guys cover. Also I'm guessing Karlsson will probably leave at least one spot open for a late NHL-reinforcement.

All in all I think the team looks a lot deeper on talent and spirit than in the last few seasons, so let's hope that will be enough.
    Well after seeing today's lineup against Slovakia, I'am glad someone is qualified, cause I'am definitely not :)

http://ishockey.dk/a-landsholdet-ops...n-i-slovakiet/

Well it's pretty safe to say that neither of us got close, although I imagine Starkov being a 1st liner means hes a placeholder, I really doubt that's his intended use at least :-)

IHF Member

Denmark EHC 2016 - Game 7 - April 28

Slovakia - Denmark 4-3 OT (1-0,2-0,0-3,1-0)
    3-1 Nicklas Jensen (Jesper B. Jensen) PP
    3-2 Nicklas Jensen ((Morten Madsen, Frederik Storm)
    3-3 Jannik Hansen (Kirill Starkov, Nikolaj Ehlers)
    SOG: 30-13, PIM: 8-37, Att: 3158

Lineup:

Nielsen (Dahm)

Jannik Hansen - Kirill Starkov - Nikolaj Ehlers
    Frederik Storm - Morten Madsen - Nicklas Jensen
    Morten Poulsen - Mikkel Aagaard - Mathias From
    Mathias Bau Hansen - Morten Green - Patrick Bjorkstrand
    Thomas Spelling

Markus Lauridsen - Stefan Lassen
    Nicholas B. Jensen - Daniel Nielsen
    Jesper B. Jensen - Emil Kristensen
    Mads Bødker

ND:
    Matias Lassen (D)

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHawks View Post
    Well it's pretty safe to say that neither of us got close, although I imagine Starkov being a 1st liner means hes a placeholder, I really doubt that's his intended use at least :-)
    I think it’s safe to say that, the role as 1st line center is reserved for a certain Montreal Canadien.
    Last edited by Marras; 28-04-2016 at 22:34.

IHF Member

Denmark Roster Update

Anaheim Ducks' goalie Frederik Andersen (Pending RFA) has opted out of this year's IHWC.

IHF Member

Denmark EHC 2016 - Game 8 - April 30

Slovakia - Denmark 3-1 (3-0,0-1,0-0)
    3-1 Morten Green (Mads Christensen)
    SOG: 25-16, PIM: 6-6, Att: 8247

So Denmark finishes the 2016 EHC with a 2-6 record, including going 0-2 against Latvia & Norway respectively, two teams Denmark as a minimum will need to get points against at the tournament in Moscow…

The final roster is expected to be announced tomorrow.

Lineup:

Dahm (Nielsen)

Frederik Storm - Morten Madsen - Nicklas Jensen
    Mads Christensen - Morten Green - Patrick Bjorkstrand
    Jannik Hansen - Mikkel Aagaard - Nikolaj Ehlers
    Mathias Bau - Kirill Starkov - Morten Poulsen
    Mathias From

Markus Lauridsen - Stefan Lassen
    Daniel Nielsen - Oliver Lauridsen
    Jesper B. Jensen - Nicholas B. Jensen
    Emil Kristensen - Mads Bødker

ND:
    Matias Lassen (D), Thomas Spelling (F)

IHF Member

Denmark IHWC 2016 - Roster Named

Goaltenders:
    Simon Nielsen - Herning
    Sebastian Dahm – Graz 99ers (EBEL)
    George Sørensen - Frederikshavn

Defencemen:
    Mads Bødker - SønderjyskE
    Daniel Nielsen - Herning
    Stefan Lassen - Pelicans (Liiga)
    Markus Lauridsen - AIK (Allsvenskan)
    Oliver Lauridsen - Frölunda (SHL)
    Emil Kristensen – Oskarshamn (Allsvenskan)
    Jesper B. Jensen – Jokerit (KHL)
    Nicholas B. Jensen - Esbjerg

Forwards:
    Frederik Storm - Malmö Redhawks (SHL)
    Patrick Bjorkstrand - Medvescak Zagreb (KHL)
    Mads Christensen - EHC München (DEL)
    Morten Green - Rungsted
    Kirill Starkov - Red Ice (NLB)
    Nicklas Jensen - Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)
    Mathias From – Rögle (SHL)
    Nikolaj Ehlers - Winnipeg Jets (NHL)
    Morten Madsen - Hamburg Freezers (DEL)
    Jannik Hansen - Vancouver Canucks (NHL)
    Morten Poulsen - Graz 99’ers (EBEL)
    Mikkel Aagaard - Sudbury Wolves (OHL)
    Mathias Bau Hansen - Frederikshavn
    Lars Eller - Montreal Canadiens (NHL)

Cuts:
    Matias Lassen (D) - Leksands (Allsvenskan)
    Thomas Spelling (F) - SønderjyskE

Perhaps not the biggest surprise that Matias Lassen and Thomas Spelling are the last players to be cut, but positive to see both From and Aagaard make the team.

Key Players missing from the roster:

Ruled out:
    Frederik Andersen (G) - Anaheim Ducks - opting out (contract)
    Philip Larsen (D) – Jokerit (KHL) – opting out (contract)
    Jesper Jensen (F) - Rögle (SHL) - Injury
    Peter Regin (F) - Jokerit (KHL) – Injury
    Julian Jakobsen (F) – Hamburg Freezers (DEL) – opting out
    Nichlas Hardt (F) - Linköping (SHL) - opting out
    Mikkel Bødker (F) - Colorado Avalanche (NHL) - opting out (contract)
    Frans Nielsen (F) - New York Islanders (NHL) - Playoffs
    Oliver Bjorkstrand (F) - Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) - Playoffs

IHF Member

Denmark EHC 2016 – Summary

Results:

Denmark – Latvia 4-6
    Denmark – Latvia 3-4
    Denmark – France 5-2
    Denmark – France 2-1
    Denmark – Norway 0-3
    Denmark – Norway 3-4 SO
    Denmark - Slovakia 3-4 OT
    Denmark – Slovakia 1-3

Top Scores
      TeamPGPGAP+/-
    1. Mathias From16-12-1997Rögle BKF82350
    2. Mikkel Aagaard18-10-1995Sudbury WolvesF8235+7
    3. Mathias Bau Hansen03-07-1993FrederikshavnF6145+1
    4. Frederik Storm20-02-1989Malmö RedhawksF82240
    5. Morten Madsen16-01-1987Hamburg Freezers F8134-4

Goaltending
      TeamPGPMINGAASV%SO
    1. Patrick Galbraith03-11-1986Krefeld PinguineGK3174:362,7589,60
    2. Sebastian Dahm28-02-1987Graz 99ersGK4238:573,2681,70
    3. Simon Nielsen27-10-1986HerningGK160:253,9786,70

IHF Member

Denmark IHWC 2016 – Summary

Results:

Denmark – Norway 3-0
    Denmark – Sweden 1-5
    Denmark – Switzerland 2-3 OT
    Denmark – Russia 1-10
    Denmark – Latvia 3-2 SO
    Denmark – Czech Republic 2-1 SO
    Denmark – Kazakhstan 4-1
    Denmark – Finland 1-5

Top Scores
      TeamPGPGAP+/-
    1. Nicklas Jensen06-03-1993Hartford Wolf PackF8527-2
    2. Nikolaj Ehlers 14-02-1996Winnipeg JetsF8426-3
    3. Lars Eller08-05-1989Montreal CanadiensF8156-2
    4. Frederik Storm20-02-1989Malmö RedhawksF8145-3
    5. Jannik Hansen15-03-1986Vancouver CanucksF8224-3

Goaltending
      TeamPGPMINGAASV%SO
    1. Sebastian Dahm28-02-1987Graz 99ersGK7434:042,2193,550
    2. Simon Nielsen27-10-1986HerningGK160:0010,0075,610

IHF Member
    Well, quite a tournament for Denmark.

A quarterfinal loss to Finland is what it is and the same goes for the 10-1 loss to Russia, which obviously doesn’t look good in the record books, but also something that makes little difference going forward.

For a second year in a row Dahm was stellar in net and for the most part the defence looked rather solid, which is pretty good, considering that Jesper B. Jensen was limited to 3 games and half of our starting defencemen this year comes from the Danish Elite League.

Not surprisingly the addition of Ehlers, Eller, Hansen & Jensen provided vital, helping out the team in pretty much every aspect of the game and after several years (or basically since the 2010 IHWC) of finishing rather low in the standings, it for once is positive to see Denmark move up the World rankings.

What this year’s IHWC also showed, which hardly will be a groundbreaking observation, is the difference it makes to have some of our top players in the lineup, and with availability of the NA based players being a bit of a question mark every year and injuries always a factor, having booked our ticket to the 2017 IHWC and thereby also to the 2018 tournament on home-ice, is needless to say quite important.

While the IIHF is yet to confirm next year’s group, it at this point looks to be a rather reasonable one and not having to worry about being relegated, can only be a huge plus.

If we sort of excluded the Olympic Qualifications Tournament in September, the selection process for the 2018 IHWC in Herning/Copenhagen has also in sense started, a process which will be interesting to follow as there should be plenty of competition at all positions.

So all-in-all an excellent 2016 IHWC for Danish hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by Marras View Post
    Well, quite a tournament for Denmark.

What this year’s IHWC also showed, which hardly will be a groundbreaking observation, is the difference it makes to have some of our top players in the lineup, and with availability of the NA based players being a bit of a question mark every year and injuries always a factor, having booked our ticket to the 2017 IHWC and thereby also to the 2018 tournament on home-ice, is needless to say quite important.

While the IIHF is yet to confirm next year’s group, it at this point looks to be a rather reasonable one and not having to worry about being relegated, can only be a huge plus.
    How groups should look like ?

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    How groups should look like ?
    At this point:

Group A
    1 - TBA
    4 - TBA
    5 - Sweden
    8 - Slovakia
    9 - Belarus
    12 – Latvia
    13 - Denmark
    16 - Italy

Group B
    2 - TBA
    3 – TBA
    6 - Czech Republic
    7 - Switzerland
    10 - Germany
    11 - Norway
    14 - France
    15 - Slovenia

Since Germany and France, as co-hosts cannot be in the same group, Germany could switch place with Belarus or as an alternative, France will take Denmark’s spot in Group A.

IHF Member

Denmark Denmark - Camp Roster - Final Olympic Qualification Round

Team Denmark head coach Janne Karlsson has named the camp roster for the Olympic Qualification Round in Minsk.

Goaltenders:
    Frederik Andersen - Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL)
    Patrick Galbraith - Krefeld Pinguine (DEL)
    Sebastian Dahm - Graz 99ers (EBEL)
    Simon Nielsen - Herning

Defencemen:
    Daniel Nielsen - Herning
    Emil Kristensen - Linköping (SHL)
    Jesper B. Jensen - Jokerit (KHL)
    Markus Lauridsen - Leksands (SHL)
    Nicholas B. Jensen - Rungsted
    Oliver Lauridsen - Jokerit (KHL)
    Philip Larsen - Vancouver Canucks (NHL)
    Stefan Lassen - Pelicans (Liiga)

Forwards:
    Frans Nielsen - Detroit Red Wings (NHL)
    Frederik Storm - Malmö (SHL)
    Jannik Hansen - Vancouver Canucks (NHL)
    Lars Eller - Washington Capitals (NHL)
    Mikkel Bødker - San Jose Sharks (NHL)
    Morten Green - Rungsted
    Morten Madsen - Karlskrona (SHL)
    Morten Poulsen - Pelicans (Liiga)
    Nichlas Hardt - Malmö (SHL)
    Nicklas Jensen - Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL)
    Nikolaj Ehlers - Winnipeg Jets (NHL)
    Oliver Bjorkstrand - Lake Erie Monsters (AHL)
    Peter Regin - Jokerit (KHL)

Frans Nielsen has been named team captain.

Pre-tournament games:
    Denmark - Lavia (30-08-2016)
    Last edited by Marras; 12-07-2016 at 18:18.

Great team, too bad there is a big chance that NHL-ers won't participate at Olympics :(

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Great team, too bad there is a big chance that NHL-ers won't participate at Olympics :(
    Not the best situation to say the least.

Qualifying to the Olympics and thus having the opportunity to play with the “A” roster at an international tournament has been high on the list for Danish hockey for several years now, so if Denmark finally makes it come September, it would be bit of an anti-climax if the best players aren’t available.

But guess you can say that’s better to achieve just one goal, than none at all

IHF Member

Denmark EIHC Tournament – Hungary

Results:

Denmark - Poland 3-1
    Denmark - Hungary 1-3
    Denmark - Austria 0-2

Top Scores
      TeamPGPGAP+/-
    1. Julian Jakobsen11-04-1987AalborgF20220
    2. Martin Højbjerg14-07-1993AalborgF3101-1
    3. Steffan Frank22-03-1989 FrederikshavnF31010

Goaltending
      TeamPGPMINGAASV%SO
    1. Sebastian Dahm28-02-1987Graz 99ersGK2119:571,0096,10
    2. George Sørensen15-05-1995AlmtunaGK160:003,0086,40

A win and two losses for the Danish senior national team in the first of two EIHC tournaments this season.

What initially was a veteran roster ended up being more of a development team with primarily players from the Danish
    Elite League, although several of the younger players could challenge for a roster spot within the next 2-4 years.

After a good showing against Poland, Denmark sounds to have been dominant at times against Hungary, but it’s difficult to win at this level if you only generate one goal on 40+ shots.

In the last game playing Austria, Denmark at times looked overmatched, especially in the 2nd period.

Still thanks to Dahm in net it remained a close game for nearly 59 minutes and Denmark played much better in the 3rd period.

Thus overall a pretty decent performance by a relatively young and inexperienced Danish team considering all things.

IHF Member

Denmark EIHC Tournament – Korea

Results:

Denmark – Korea 2-4
    Denmark - Japan 6-1
    Denmark - Hungary 5-1

Top Scores
      TeamPGPGAPPIM+/-
    1. Kristoffer Lauridsen14-02-1994FrederikshavnF31340+4
    2. Matthias Martini Asperup03-03-1995GentofteF33030+4
    3. Julian Jakobsen11-04-1987AalborgF32130+2

Goaltending
      TeamPGPMINGAASV%SO
    1. Nicolaj Henriksen25-09-1995EsbjergGK160:001,0095,50
    2. Simon Nielsen27-10-1986HerningGK2118:252,0391,80

IHF Member

Denmark Denmark – IHWC 2017 – Camp Roster I

The starting point for this year’s Danish IHWC team was announced today with 24 players being named to the first of several camp rosters.

As usual, the selected roster is a mix (and without any major surprises) of national team veterans and a group of younger players, including skaters 5 from this year’s WJC-20 roster looking to the make team.

From the onset and obviously depending on the availability of others players from the various European leagues and NA, a qualified guess would be that roughly 10 (8+2) players from this roster will be part of the Danish team come May.

With the core of the Danish national team still being relatively young and Denmark hosting the IHWC next year, there’s little indication (injuries and players opting out aside) that this year’s roster will see major changes compared to recent years.

On defence however with the absence of Mads Bødker, who retired from hockey after last season and Emil Kristensen being injured for most of the season and just returned to Linköping's lineup, there might be an opening on the roster for some of the younger defencemen to take advantage of.

In goal Sebastian Dahm is entering training camp as the starter and if he displays the same level of play as in the previous two IHWC’s, he will also enter the tournament as Denmark’s starting goalie (assuming Toronto’s Frederik Andersen doesn’t become available) with Simon Nielsen as the backup, since George Sørensen is still a bit unproven at this level.

Depending on the outcome of the Frederikshavn-Esbjerg series, someone like Nicolaj Henriksen could also be brought in to compete for the role as third-string goalie.

At forward there should also be a number changes since several key forwards are still playing for their respective clubs in Europe and not to mention in the NHL/AHL.

Goaltenders:
    Simon Nielsen - Herning
    George Sørensen – Almtuna (Allsvenskan)

Defencemen:
    Jesper Jensen – Jokerit (KHL)
    Oliver Lauridsen – Jokerit (KHL)
    Oliver Gatz – Herning
    Mathias Røndbjerg – Rungsted
    Nicolai Weichel – Rungsted
    Nicholas B. Jensen – Rungsted
    Mads Larsen – AIK (Allsvenskan)
    Lasse Bo Knudsen - Aalborg

Forwards:
    Nicolai Meyer - Tingsryd (Allsvenskan)
    Morten Green – Rungsted
    Mikael Christensen – Rungsted
    Morten Madsen – Karlskrona (SHL)
    Steffen Klarskov – Herning
    Kristian Jensen – SønderjyskE
    Julian Jacobsen – Aalborg
    Mikkel Højbjerg – Aalborg
    William Boysen – Rungsted
    Martin Højbjerg – Aalborg
    Nikolaj Krag-Christensen – Rögle Jrs. (SuperElit)

Mathias From - Rögle (SHL)

Players out:
    Stefan Lassen (D) - Pelicans (Liiga) -Injury
    Daniel Nielsen (D) – Herning - Injury
    Anders H. Poulsen (F) - Oskarshamn (Allsvenskan) - Injury

SønderjyskE's Thomas Spelling is currently injured but could join the team next week.
    Last edited by Marras; 08-04-2017 at 23:44. Reason: Roster updated

IHF Member

Denmark Roster Update

Two losses for Denmark against Slovakia, but for the most part there are several positive aspects to build on going forward, although failing to score on home-ice is a bit disappointing, at least for the fans attending the games.

Of bigger concern will be the absence of veteran defenceman Daniel Nielsen, who was injured in the first of the two games and is done for the season due to surgery. Another experienced d-man, Stefan Lassen is reportedly also out, thus at this point the defence will look a bit different compared to last year’s quarterfinal roster.

The more open question is now whether the coaching staff will turn to the option of including veteran d-men from the Danish Elite League, who previously has played at the IHWC for Denmark or give the chance to some of the younger defencmen already on the roster.

Either way with the first cuts (see below) having been announced, it should be expected that defencemen Markus Lauridsen and Matias Lassen will be amongst the players named for the two upcoming games against Finland.

Cuts:
    Mathias Røndbjerg (D) – Rungsted
    Lasse Bo Knudsen (D) – Aalborg *
    Mikkel Højbjerg (F) – Aalborg
    William Boysen (F) – Rungsted
    Martin Højbjerg (F) – Aalborg
    Nikolaj Krag-Christensen (F) – Rögle Jrs. (SuperElit)

* Not officially, but didn’t play in the games against Slovakia.

IHF Member
    A bit of a concern that two of our veteran d-men are out with injury (Daniel Nielsen & Stefan Lassen) as well as Emil Kristensen likely also out.
    If Philip Larsen also opts out, then we are probably looking at these players being certain:

Jesper "B" Jensen
    Oliver Lauridsen
    Marcus Lauridsen
    Nicholas B Jensen
    ---------------------
    For the last spots Matias Lassen seems likely, but otherwise it will be pretty open.

IHF Member

Denmark Denmark – IHWC 2017 – Camp Roster II

For the two EHC games against Finland 4 forwards and 2 defencemen have been added.

Denmark is also still without its SHL’ers Jesper Jensen, Nichlas Hardt & Frederik Storm and veteran winger Mads Christensen, who’s playing in the DEL finals.

With the regular season in the NHL having come to an end and the AHL playoffs almost set, attention will turn to the availability of Denmark’s NHL/AHL players.

From the NHL Frans Nielsen (declined), Nikolaj Ehlers (confirmed) and Philip Larsen could be available as their respective teams have failed to make the playoffs.

At the AHL-level forward Nicklas Jensen could also be available, but there’s also the possibility that he will be recalled as reserves by the Rangers for the Stanley Cup playoffs.

Goaltenders:
    Simon Nielsen - Herning

Defencemen:
    Markus Lauridsen – Leksands (SHL)
    Matias Lassen – Mora (Allsvenskan)
    Oliver Gatz – Herning

Forwards:
    Mathias Bau Hansen – Frederikshavn
    Mathias From - Rögle (SHL)
    Morten Green – Rungsted
    Kristoffer Lauridsen – Frederikshavn
    Mikael Christensen – Rungsted
    Nick Olesen - Frederikshavn
    Steffen Frank – Frederikshavn

Sitting out
    Nicholas B. Jensen (D) – Rungsted

Players out:
    Anders H. Poulsen (F) - Oskarshamn (Allsvenskan) – Injury
    Frans Nielsen (F) - Detroit Red Wing (NHL) - Opted out
    Last edited by Marras; 13-04-2017 at 22:26. Reason: Roster opdated

IHF Member

NHL Ehlers cleared to play

Winnipeg Jets forward Nikolaj Ehlers has been cleared to play for Denmark.

IHF Member

NHL Nielsen opts out

Detroit Red Wing's center Frans Nielsen has (not entirely unexpected) decided to opt out of this year's IHWC.

IHF Member

Denmark EHC 2017 - Game 3+4 – 13 & 15 April

Finland - Denmark 3-0 (0-0,1-0,2-0)
    SOG: 30-10, PIM: 6-6, Att: 3464

Finland - Denmark 2-3 OT (0-1,1-0,1-1,0-1)
    0-1 Morten Madsen (Jesper B. Jensen, Peter Regin) PP
    1-2 Mathias Lassen
    2-3 Morten Green
    SOG: 28-20, PIM: 6-6, Att: 4295

A couple of good showings by Denmark against Finland and after failing to score a goal three games in row, they finally managed to do so in yesterday’s game and also picked up the first win in this year’s EHC.

On the downside Denmark might have lost forward Mathias From, who was injured in the 2nd game and from the look of things could be sidelined for some time.

In terms of roster moves for the games against Norway, likely additions could include Malmö forwards Nichlas Hardt & Frederik Storm while Nikolaj Ehlers is also expected to join the team.

Outside those three, it’s perhaps more of an open question if any additional skaters are added at this point since both Mads Christensen & Jesper Jensen are still unavailable and the Danish finals are still underway, although Esbjerg could secure the title later today.

IHF Member

NHL Larsen opts out

Denmark will once again have to do without defenceman Philip Larsen, who for a third straight IHWC has opted out, hence today’s announcement is hardly that surprising.

In other news, Edmonton Oilers’ prospect Patrick Russell is expected to join traning camp sometime next week.

IHF Member

Denmark Denmark – IHWC 2017 – Camp Roster III

As expected Malmö forwards Nichlas Hardt and Frederik Storm have alongside Nikolaj Ehlers been added to the roster, with defenceman Nicolas B. Jensen also rejoining the team.

Esbjerg's Phillip Bruggisser has also been added.

Goaltenders:
    Simon Nielsen - Herning

Defencemen:
    Nicolas B. Jensen - Rungsted
    Phillip Bruggisser - Esbjerg

Forwards:
    Morten Green – Rungsted
    Kristoffer Lauridsen – Frederikshavn
    Patrick Russell - Bakersfield Conders (AHL)
    Nikolaj Ehlers – Winnipeg Jets (NHL)
    Nichlas Hardt – Malmö (SHL)

Sitting out
    Mathias From (F) - Rögle (SHL) - Injury

Cuts:
    Oliver Gatz (D) – Herning
    Mikael Christensen (F) – Rungsted
    Nick Olesen (F) - Frederikshavn
    Steffen Frank (F) – Frederikshavn

Players out:
    Philip Larsen (D) - Vancouver Canucks (NHL) - Opted out
    Anders H. Poulsen (F) - Oskarshamn (Allsvenskan) – Injury
    Oliver Bjorkstrand (F) - Columbus Blue Jackets (NHL) - Opted out
    Last edited by Marras; 21-04-2017 at 20:54. Reason: Roster updated

IHF Member

NHL Bjorkstrand opts out

Columbus Blue Jackets' winger Oliver Bjorkstrand has decided to opt out of this year's IHWC, citing fatigue after a long season.

IHF Member

Denmark EHC 2017 - Game 5+6 – 20 & 22 April

Denmark – Norway 0-3 (0-2,0-0,0-1)
    SOG: 31-20, PIM: 6-10, Att: 1347

Denmark – Norway 3-0 (1-0,0-0,2-0)
    1-0 Julian Jacobsen (Nichlas Hardt, Emil Kristensen)
    2-0 Morten Madsen (Morten Green, Julian Jacobsen)
    3-0 Morten Poulsen
    SOG: 18-25, PIM: 14-12, Att: 1609

Much like the games against Slovakia and Finland, a pretty consistent showing by Denmark against Norway in the sense that after a so-so performance in the first game, Denmark stepped up in second game and got the win, although some areas (powerplay, play in the defensive zone) still will have to improve going forward.

For the upcoming games against Switzerland it has been confirmed that EHC München winger Mads Christensen will join team and with the San Jose Sharks out the NHL playoffs wingers Jannik Hansen and Mikkel Bødker could be available for this year’s tournament, while Nicklas Jensen’s participation seems very unlikely since the New York Rangers are through to the next round.

IHF Member

Denmark Denmark – IHWC 2017 – Camp Roster IV

Winger Mads Christensen is the lone addition for the two games against Switzerland and with both Jannik Hansen and Mikkel Bødker having announced that they won’t play for Denmark this year, the Danish roster is getting closer to being finalized.

Goaltenders:
    Simon Nielsen - Herning

Defencemen:

Forwards:
    Morten Green – Rungsted
    Patrick Russell - Bakersfield Conders (AHL)

Cuts:
    Mads Larsen (D) – AIK (Allsvenskan)
    Kristoffer Lauridsen (F) – Frederikshavn
    Kristian Jensen (F) – SønderjyskE

Notable Players confirmed out:
    Frederik Andersen (G) - Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL)
    Jannik Hansen (F) - San Jose Sharks (NHL) - Opted out
    Mikkel Bødker (F) - San Jose Sharks (NHL) - Opted out
    Last edited by Marras; 25-04-2017 at 21:25.

IHF Member

NHL Andersen opts out

Toronto Maple Leafs' Frederik Andersen has also as expected, opted out of this year's IHWC.

IHF Member

Denmark EHC 2017 - Game 7+8 – 26 & 28 April

Switzerland - Denmark 4-5 (3-1,1-2,0-2)
    1-1 Patrick Russell (Nichlas Hardt, Nikolaj Ehlers) PP
    3-2 Morten Poulsen (Nicolai Meyer, Jesper Jensen)
    3-3 Emil Kristensen (Nikolaj Ehlers, Peter Regin)
    4-4 Markus Lauridsen (Nikolaj Ehlers)
    4-5 Peter Regin (Jesper Jensen, Nikolaj Ehlers)
    SOG: 29-32, PIM: 12-16, Att: 3027

Switzerland - Denmark 2-0 (0-0,1-0,1-0)
    SOG: 21-33, PIM: 12-4, Att: 3300

Denmark finishes this year’s EHC with a win and a loss against Switzerland, the win being quite significant for Danish hockey as this is the first time that Denmark has won in regulation over the Swiss. The game could however have gone both ways with Denmark having trouble staying out of the penalty box and with the PK struggling. On the positive side of things, Denmark did manage to make a comeback, get the win and not to mention score 5 games.

The second game is said to have been a close one, but once again Denmark failed to score any goals and the PP also went 0 for 6.

As the SHL finals will conclude later today, center Jesper Jensen could be joining Denmark sometime next week.

From NA there are still a few options remaining (NHL’er Lars Eller and AHL’ers Nicklas Jensen, Mikkel Aagaard & Patrick Bjorkstrand) but whether any of these players will be joining Denmark at some point remains to be seen.

IHF Member

Denmark EHC 2017 – Summary

Results:

Denmark - Slovakia 0-2
    Denmark – Slovakia 0-2
    Denmark – Finland 0-3
    Denmark – Finland 3-2 SO
    Denmark – Norway 0-3
    Denmark – Norway 3-0
    Denmark - Switzerland 5-4
    Denmark - Switzerland 0-2

Top Scores
      TeamPGPGAP+/-
    1. Nikolaj Ehlers14-02-1996Winnipeg JetsF30440
    2. Peter Regin16-04-1986JokeritF7123-1
    3. Jesper B. Jensen30-07-1991JokeritD8033-3
    4. Morten Madsen16-01-1987KarlskronaF8022-2
    5. Morten Poulsen09-09-1988PelicansF82020

Goaltending
      TeamPGPMINGAASV%SO
    1. ---------
    2. ---------
    3. ---------
    Last edited by Marras; 02-05-2017 at 19:57.

IHF Member

Denmark Denmark – Final Roster Announced

Goaltenders:
    Simon Nielsen - Herning

Defencemen:
    Jesper B. Jensen – Jokerit (KHL)
    Nicolai Weichel – Rungsted*
    Matias Lassen – Mora (Allsvenskan)*

Forwards:
    Steffen Klarskov – Herning*
    Morten Green – Rungsted
    Patrick Russell - Bakersfield Conders (AHL)*
    Mikkel Aagaard - Stockton Heat (AHL)
    Nicolai Meyer - Tingsryd (Allsvenskan)*

No changes from the roster that played against Switzerland last week, as Brynäs' center Jesper Jensen has opted out due to an Injury.

Having named 21 skaters, winger Nicklas Jensen could be added at some point.

Five players (*) will be making their IHWC debut for Denmark.

Notable Players confirmed out:
    Frederik Andersen (G) - Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL) - Injury
    Jesper Jensen (F) - Brynäs (SHL) - Injury
    Jannik Hansen (F) - San Jose Sharks (NHL) - Opted out
    Mikkel Bødker (F) - San Jose Sharks (NHL) - Opted out
    Last edited by Marras; 04-05-2017 at 20:32. Reason: Roster updated

IHF Member

Denmark Roster Update

Stockton Heat (AHL) forward Mikkel Aagaard has been added to the Danish roster after being cleared to play by the Calgary Flames.

Denmark will likely wait for the outcome of the Washington-Pittsburgh & Ottawa-New York series before registering the allowed 22 skaters as forwards Lars Eller and Nicklas Jensen could become available mid-tournament.

IHF Member

Denmark Roster update

Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) winger Nicklas Jensen won't be joining Denmark as he has decided to opt out of this year's IHWC to an Injury.
    Last edited by Marras; 13-05-2017 at 14:02.

IHF Member

Denmark Roster Update

Washington Capitals' center Lars Eller has also been ruled out of this year's IHWC

IHF Member

Denmark IHWC 2017 – Summary

Results:
    Denmark - Latvia 0-3
    Denmark - USA 2-7
    Denmark - Slovakia 4-3 SO
    Denmark - Russia 0-3
    Denmark - Germany 3-2 OT
    Denmark - Sweden 2-4
    Denmark - Italy 2-0

Top Scores
     TeamLeaguePGPGAP+/-