View Poll Results: Who will win between Germany and Sweden?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Germany (E3) will win

6 33.33%
  • Sweden (F1) will win

12 66.67%

Thread: BRONZE MEDAL GAME, Germany vs Sweden

2010 IHWC BRONZE MEDAL GAME, Germany vs Sweden

Sun May 23th, 2010

Germany
    vs
    Sweden

Post your predictions, comments before after and during the games etc....

I feel that while Sweden has more talent on paper, the Germans will want to rebound from their close loss against Russia. Should be interesting to see what happens.
    Twitter: @CSmeeth

0-2 swe

Go Sweden!
    25th of June 2015 - Worst day in the history of modern hockey in Slovakia

See you in 2019...perhaps...

GER 2-1 SWE

how can you not want germany to win! this has been the craziest WC i've ever seen, so why not germany the bronze, + sweden has enough trophies in its cabinet!
    ***СЛАЯ***

I think the Swedish team is skilled enough to avoid the hardworking physical playing Germans in this game and secure the win. Probably wont be a high scoring game so if the Germans can keep the score low they might have a small chance.

GER - SWE 2:1.

It would be nice end of this tournament for Germany.
    2011/2012. - 50th Anniversary of KHL Medveščak Zagreb !

IHF Prospect
    3 - 1 For SWE

I expect a clear victory for team Sweden. After the bitter loss against the czechs they want to finnish with the bronze medal at least. Germany will play their defensive hockey style again but it will not be enough to beat Sweden. I don't care much about the result today. It was fun to watch the german team during the last two weeks!

IHF Member
    The live ticker on IIHF's website calls Sweden-Germany Gold Medal Game... Oh dear... I wonder if they manage to fix it during the game.

Germany

congrats sweden

but I feel very proud of our team, fantastic tournament
    Gott mit dir, du Land der Bayern, deutsche Erde, Vaterland! Über deinen weiten Gauen ruhe seine Segenshand! Er behüte deine Fluren, schirme deiner Städte Bau, und erhalte dir die Farben seines Himmels, weiß und blau!

Gott mit dir, dem Bayernvolke, dass wir, uns'rer Väter wert, fest in Eintracht und in Frieden bauen uns'res Glückes Herd! Dass mit Deutschlands Bruderstämmen einig uns ein jeder schau und den alten Ruhm bewähre unser Banner, weiß und blau!

Indeed, a great tournament by team Deutschland - Viel Glück in spite the loss in Bronze game.

Congrats to Swedes too, even though the move by Bengt-Åke Gustafsson to take a timeout and change the goalie at the last second in the Bronze game was absolutely tasteless. I don't know which point he _tried_ to make there but the only point he really made was showing what he is all about.

Looking forward to seeing Swedish national team with new coach next year. I'm sure Swedes will have better success coming up compared to the past couple of years, making it up in medals in the upcoming years on continuous basis.

Congrats to everybody !

To Sweden for bronze.

To Germany on excellent tournament ! If they had few more of their NHL-ers maybe they could reach finals or take bronze, but still great performances by Germans.
    Last edited by Spitfire; 23-05-2010 at 21:10.
    2011/2012. - 50th Anniversary of KHL Medveščak Zagreb !

Quote Originally Posted by amoracing View Post
    Congrats to Swedes too, even though the move by Bengt-Åke Gustafsson to take a timeout and change the goalie at the last second in the Bronze game was absolutely tasteless. I don't know which point he _tried_ to make there but the only point he really made was showing what he is all about.

Looking forward to seeing Swedish national team with new coach next year. I'm sure Swedes will have better success coming up compared to the past couple of years, making it up in medals in the upcoming years on continuous basis.
    I think he tried to get the most out of his last game as national coach and celebrate with his players. I agree that it could have been handled better.

But a more successful run... I don't know if 9 straight semi-final showings can be anything but a successful run...
    Cum bibam cervisiam gaudeo.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennison View Post
    I think he tried to get the most out of his last game as national coach and celebrate with his players. I agree that it could have been handled better.

But a more successful run... I don't know if 9 straight semi-final showings can be anything but a successful run...
    Apparently the timeout was his response to criticism he received in the Swedish media
    for calling...or not calling, I'm not exactly sure ...a timeout yesterday against the Czechs. with 15 seconds to go.
    If that was the reason, it was a bad move on his part.
    All it did was rile Krupp, his team and the German fans.

IHF Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatleysucks View Post
    Apparently the timeout was his response to criticism he received in the Swedish media
    for calling...or not calling, I'm not exactly sure ...a timeout yesterday against the Czechs. with 15 seconds to go.
    If that was the reason, it was a bad move on his part.
    All it did was rile Krupp, his team and the German fans.
    Yes it was because the media have always criticed the coach and blamed him for everything that goes wrong, the time out with 15 secs left in semi final become very big and his timeout they say was the reason sweden loss.

Now in Bronzemedal game he did his last game as a coach, 0,7 secs left 3-1 in scoreboard and a one-time oppurtunity to prank media.

Of course he couldnt resist that, i guess the swedish coach is the only one who could have a enough strong stomach to do that.

Im glad he did to the media, coach got the last word.

Thread Information