Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Transfers involving Danish players - off-season thread

IHF Member
    Defenceman Stefan Lassen moves from Djurgården(SEL) to Malmö(SWE-1) on a two-year deal.

http://mrmadhawk.se/2011/august/lassen-klar.html
    (article in Swedish)

Patrick Galbraith did not get a contract with Adler Mannheim despite two good games for them in the European Trophy tournament, they've opted to go for a German keeper instead for political reasons says his agent.
    He's now in negotiatians with another European club.
    http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/vm-ma...lader-mannheim (article in Danish)

IHF Member
    Patrick Galbraith has moved to HC Slovan Bratislava(SVK) on a one year-deal.

http://translate.google.com/translat...6NewsID%3D3694
    Last edited by Marras; 18-09-2011 at 22:04.

IHF Member
    Daniel Nielsen(D) has signed a new two-year deal with Hamburg(DEL), while Jesper Jensen(F) won't be re-signed.

http://www.hamburg-freezers.de/index...9fabb140d.html
    (official press release)

IHF Member
    Julian Jakobsen,is according to sporten.dk heading to Hamburg(DEL).

http://www.sporten.dk/ishockey/vm-sp...mburg-freezers

And as rumoured for a while, Kirill Starkov from SønderjyskE to Oskarshamn: http://www.ikoskarshamn.artisan.se/N...l-Starkov.aspx
    Last edited by WHawks; 03-04-2012 at 22:35.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHawks View Post
    And as rumoured for a while, Kirill Starkov from SønderjyskE to Oskarshamn: http://www.ikoskarshamn.artisan.se/N...l-Starkov.aspx
    Hopefully his stay with Oskarshamn will prove more succesfull than the recent one with Rögle.

Quote Originally Posted by Marras View Post
    Hopefully his stay with Oskarshamn will prove more succesfull than the recent one with Rögle.
    Let me come with a bold prediction: It will not.

I hope i'm wrong, but I don't think so.

IHF Member
    As rumoured, Julian Jakobsen has moved to Hamburg(DEL) on a one-year deal.

http://www.hamburg-freezers.de/index...25efb6753.html
    (official press release)

IHF Member
    Good signing for Hamburg Freezers. I love his game. I really do. Really hard working, smart, can score goals and he has pretty good vision on the ice. I think he will become a succes for Hamburg Freezers unlike Jesper Jensen. His playing style will suit DEL alot better then Jesper Jensen, I think.

IHF Member
    Uuuh yea - forgot his crazy shootout statistics! :)

IHF Member
    According to mr. madhawk, Morten Green could possibly be bought out of his contract with Malmö Redhawks:

http://mrmadhawk.se/2012/april/morte...marknaden.html

Kasper Jensen switches from one Allsvenskan team to another:
    He leaves Bofors and has signed for Tingsryd for next season: http://www.taif.nu/2012/04/20/tre-ny...a-for-truppen/

IHF Member
    Patrick Bjorkstrand(F-1992) has moved to Mora (SWE-1).

http://www.moraik.se/default.asp?PageID=1&NewsID=1883

expected and good move!

IHF Member
    Very good move. I'm looking forward to follow his journey in Allsvenskan. What do you think Mora's intentions are with him? U20 or Senior, right away? And if, senior - what could his role be on the team? Third / fourth line center or moved to play a wing?

IHF Member
    Can’t imaged he would have signed, if they aren’t planning to use him full time on the A roster. Besides, he should be too old for junior hockey next year.

Looking at their roster, there are already several centers signed, so a move to the wing might be an option, but guess we will just have to wait and see.

IHF Member

Transfer overview & re-signings – Off-season 2012

Goalies
    NameFromToLeagueTerm
    Simon Nielsen Lukko LukkoSM-League1
    Peter Hirsch CoventryCoventryEIHL1

Defencemen
    NameFromToLeagueTerm
    Daniel Nielsen Hamburg FreezersHamburg FreezersDEL2
    Jesper JensenRögle BKRögle BKSEL2
    Kasper Jensen BoforsTingsrydAllsvenskan1

Forwards
    NameFromToLeagueTerm
    Julian JakobsenSödertälje Hamburg FreezersDEL1
    Kirill StarkovSønderjyskEOskarshamnAllsvenskan1
    Nichlas Hardt Jokerit JokeritSM-League2
    Morten Poulsen Oskarshamn OskarshamnAllsvenskan2
    Patrick Bjorkstrand HerningMoraAllsvenskan1
    Jesper Jensen Hamburg KarlskronaAllsvenskan1
    Felix Maegaard Scheel Rögle BKOlofströms IKSWE-22
    Thomas Spelling HerningRögle BKSEL2

Unsiged
    Patrick Galbraith (G) - ?
    Mads Bødker (D) - Rumoured to be leaving Leksand

Any players missing?
    Last edited by Marras; 28-05-2012 at 13:21.

IHF Member
    I think you've got em all, Marras.

Which players do you guys see from AL-Bank Ligaen who are interesting for abroad teams to sign in this "silly season"? Based on their performances this year.

Here's a few names, I wouldn't be surprised if they leave Denmark. I'd rather say, I hope they leave Denmark to widen/strengthen our roster for upcoming Olympics Qualification.

Michael Eskesen: Could it finally be his turn? He was basically set to sign with Rögle a few seasons ago, but then he got injured, if I remember correctly?

Christoffer Kjaergaard: Mostly based on the rumours regarding Italy.

Thomas Spelling: Sure thing - probably North America, right?

Sebastian Dähm: Great season, and he has the ambitions to go abroad.

Rasmus Nielsen: On the AL Bank-liga All Star Team and a fantastic season. His size could mean he's not going anywhere though?

Jannik Karvinen: Great season with 25 goals! He has the ambitions to play abroad, but is he good enough? Bäckman sure didn't like his "adventure" going to the third best league in Sweden a couple of years ago! So will probably be Allsvenskan atleast, if he is to be tempted by an offer.

Frederik Storm: Great season, who did a good job last World Cup aswell. Maybe someone has their sights set on him?

Kim Lykkeskov: Will it finally be the year he ventures to Germany?!

Are there anyone else who could be interesting to foreign clubs? I haven't mentioned Hersby, Lasse Lassen as I think they'll stick around in AL Bank Ligaen after their not so very succesful stays. What do you think? I don't know about their level of ambitions.

IHF Member
    To be honest, I’am not really sold on anyone(at least not this off-season) besides, Spelling and Nielsen.

Dahm has been strong in net for Rødovre, but in addition to sometimes being inconsistent, Sweden and Finland are already loaded with quality(and arguably better) domestic goalies, who are competing for a starting job, so the odds of becoming a nr. 1 doesn’t seem that good.

Lykkeskov, as usual produced for Sønderjyske and plays a useful role for the national team. The problem might be that German teams relatively easy can find home grown talent with the same kind of skill set and therefore not going to “waste” an import sport on an energy player.

Karvinen and Eskesen are key players in Denmark, but like Lykkeskov, Swedish teams might easily find similar players in the lower domestic leagues.

For Lykkeskov and Eskesen the WC could obviously change things, still signing a player primarily based on his performance at the WC's comes with “buyer be aware” label.

But given my track record, I'am usally wrong when it comes to these kind of projections, so there will probaly be a bunch load of players signing aborad.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinceusDK View Post
    Thomas Spelling: Sure thing - probably North America, right?

Rasmus Nielsen: On the AL Bank-liga All Star Team and a fantastic season. His size could mean he's not going anywhere though?

Frederik Storm: Great season, who did a good job last World Cup aswell. Maybe someone has their sights set on him?
    Spelling must take the next step in order to make progress in his game. Whether he chooses to play one season in the CHL or decides to play senior hockey in Allvenskan, is not important to me. He will develop both places.

Regarding Rasmus Nielsen's size. The guy is a monster. He is so strong and he (almost) never looks out of place despite taking on the big guys. I could see Nielsen going to one of the top teams in Allsvenskan like Leksand, Malmö, Västerås or Djurgården.

Not to be an ass, but the ice hockey World Cup is something way different than the World Championships, and Denmark haven't played at the World Cup yet. Hopefully, we will within 8-15 years :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jarl70 View Post
    Spelling must take the next step in order to make progress in his game. Whether he chooses to play one season in the CHL or decides to play senior hockey in Allvenskan, is not important to me. He will develop both places.
    I would like to see him in the CHL. Unlike in Alsvenskan he would probably be a top player - perhaps even dominate - and would be much more accessible to NHL scouts.

We would lose him for the Olympic qualifiers though :-(

IHF Member
    Anders Overmark makes a surprising move from Herning to rivals SønderjyskE. The length of the contract is two years.

http://www.soenderjyske.dk/Default.a...D=30&intPage=1

Anders Overmark makes a surprising move from Herning to rivals SønderjyskE. The length of the contract is two years.

http://www.soenderjyske.dk/Default.a...D=30&intPage=1
    Surprising? This has been expected for months...

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Surprising? This has been expected for months...
    Really? Haven't seen or heard about that rumour. It is turning to be somewhat of a trend for players to leave Herning for SønderjyskE, though.

Does anyone know the reason for Overmark's departure? Bad relations to Coach Bjorkstrand? Seeking new adventures?

Herning could very possible start the next season with a very different looking team. Gone is already Patrick Bjorkstand, Bjørn Østergaard and Anders Overmark. Everyone expects Thomas Spelling and Oliver Bjorkstrand to go to Canada. Rasmus Nielsen could also be in for a move abroad. Jason Walters is rumoured to Germany and is is unlikely that Tomi Mustonen, Anti Hölli or Lasse Korhonen will remain in Herning.

IHF Member
    - Jesper Jensen(F-1987) has moved from Hamburg(DEL) to Karlskrona(SWE-1) on a one-year deal.

- Former NT goalie Peter Hirsch(1979) has re-signed with Coventry(EIHL)

IHF Member
    Nicolai Meyer(F-1993) has returned to Frederikshavn after two years with Malmö's junior team, posting a PPG in the SuperElit.

IHF Member
    Nicolai Meyer(F-1993) has returned to Frederikshavn after two years with Malmö's junior team, posting a PPG in the SuperElit.
    That is a bit weird in my opinion. I would think that a PPG average in the swedish J20 SuperElit would be enough to get him a contract in an Allsvenskan club somewhere.

IHF Member
    Given his age, Meyer might have been looking for a place, where he can play on one of the two top lines, instead of maybe getting stuck on a 4th line and/or still having to play junior hockey for another Allsvenskan club.

IHF Member
    Thomas Spelling(F-1993) is being linked with a move to Rögle(SEL).

http://gronvitasumo.blogg.se/2012/ma...ara-rogle.html
    (article in Swedish)

IHF Member
    According to Danish Sports media TV2 sport, Carolina Hurricanes is hoping to sign Frederik Andersen(G-1989) to a entry-level contract within the next couple of weeks.

If Andersen, who was a 7th round pick back in 2010 signs, the number of Danish players, currently under contract with a NHL team will reach 9.

http://tv2sport.dk/nhl-klub-klar-med...derik-andersen & http://tv2sport.dk/nhl-klub-vil-have...-naeste-saeson
    (articles in Danish)
    Last edited by Marras; 16-05-2012 at 17:40.

IHF Member
    Felix Maegaard Scheel(F-1992) has signed a two-year deal with Olofströms IK(SWE-2).

http://www.oik.se/newsmall1680.aspx?id=635

IHF Member
    As rumoured, Thomas Spelling has moved from Herning to Rögle(SEL) on a two-year deal.

http://www.roglebk.se/natmagasinet/v...sk_supertalang
    (official press release)

IHF Member
    Herning's Mads Larsen and Kristoffer Lauridsen have moved to Swedish junior hockey(U20 SuperElit), signing with Malmö.

http://mrmadhawk.se/2012/may/truppnytt-j20.html

IHF Member

Danish Player movement – Off-season 2012 – 28 May Update

Senior hockey

Goalies
    NameFromToLeagueTerm
    Simon Nielsen Lukko LukkoSM-League1
    Peter Hirsch CoventryCoventryEIHL1

Defencemen
    NameFromToLeagueTerm
    Daniel Nielsen Hamburg FreezersHamburg FreezersDEL2
    Jesper JensenRögle BKRögle BKSEL2
    Kasper Jensen BoforsTingsrydAllsvenskan1

Forwards
    NameFromToLeagueTerm
    Julian JakobsenSödertälje Hamburg FreezersDEL1
    Kirill StarkovSønderjyskEOskarshamnAllsvenskan1
    Nichlas Hardt Jokerit JokeritSM-League2
    Morten Poulsen Oskarshamn OskarshamnAllsvenskan2
    Patrick Bjorkstrand HerningMoraAllsvenskan1
    Jesper Jensen Hamburg KarlskronaAllsvenskan1
    Felix Maegaard Scheel Rögle BKOlofströms IKSWE-22
    Thomas Spelling HerningRögle BKSEL2

Junior Hockey

Defencemen
    NameFromToLeagueTerm
    Mads Larsen Herning U20 Malmö J20 SuperElit N/A

Forwards
    NameFromToLeagueTerm
    Kristoffer Lauridsen Herning U20 Malmö J20 SuperElit N/A

Returned to Denmark

Forwards
    NameFromToLeagueTerm
    Nicolai Meyer Malmö J20 Frederikshavn DEN2

IHF Member
    I really like the moves of Bjorkstrand and Spelling. I have been following them closely for almost four years now and I must say that I am a bit surprised that they have waited to make the move abroad until now. But they have both been granted with much and valuable ice time on a top team and are already at the age of 20 and 19 yrs respectively, experienced players in the Danish league.

I think both of them will face a tough learning process to Swedish hockey. They will have to work hard and dedicate themselves to their pro career to succeed, but I am nonetheless sure that they know that and are ready to do what it takes. Bjorkstrand is listed at 87 kg on Eliteprospects.com, but I am not sure that is completely right. He doesn't seem to be 87 kg. I look forward to see how he develops in Mora. Hopefully he will be trusted with lots of ice time and responsibility.

IHF Member
    I really like the moves of Bjorkstrand and Spelling. I have been following them closely for almost four years now and I must say that I am a bit surprised that they have waited to make the move abroad until now. But they have both been granted with much and valuable ice time on a top team and are already at the age of 20 and 19 yrs respectively, experienced players in the Danish league.

I think both of them will face a tough learning process to Swedish hockey. They will have to work hard and dedicate themselves to their pro career to succeed, but I am nonetheless sure that they know that and are ready to do what it takes. Bjorkstrand is listed at 87 kg on Eliteprospects.com, but I am not sure that is completely right. He doesn't seem to be 87 kg. I look forward to see how he develops in Mora. Hopefully he will be trusted with lots of ice time and responsibility.
    And based on the various reports, at least Spelling looks to have drawn team's interest for quite some time(Rögle already looking to bring him over three year’s ago) but I like the fact that both Bjorkstrand and Spelling decided to stay in Denmark for three seasons and now seems like a perfect time to take the next step in their development(should also benefit the NT).

OT: With Spelling,P. Bjorkstrand and presumably O. Bjorkstrand(CHL maybe?) leaving, Herning is starting to look a bit depleted at the forward position.

IHF Member
    Mr madhawk is linking Sebstian Ehlers with a move to Aalborg.

http://mrmadhawk.se/2012/may/akerlun...r-danmark.html

IHF Member
    Danish NT Captain Morten Green, has been let go by Malmö after the two parties failed to agree on a restructuring of Green's contract.

http://tv2sport.dk/malm%C3%B6-fristiller-morten-green
    (article in Danish)

Also, Malmö has added forward Marcus Nielsen to their junior team.

http://mrmadhawk.se/2012/may/mer-danskt-in-i-malmo.html
    Last edited by Marras; 29-05-2012 at 16:07.

IHF Member
    Marcus Nielsen is a really exciting player. I watched him in a Division 1 playoff game in last season and he looks very promising. Plays rather aggressive and brings okay size to the ice. A goal scorer who I was very surprised didn't make the cut for the U/18 WC roster.

Mads Bødker signs 2 years with financially struggling Malmö Redhawks: http://www.malmoredhawks.com/Nyheter/120530-Bodker/ (article in swedish).
    And Philip Hersby for 1 year as well: http://www.malmoredhawks.com/Nyheter/120530-Hersby/
    Last edited by WHawks; 30-05-2012 at 18:45.

IHF Member
    And Phillip Bruggisser is also off to Sweden, after signing a one-year deal with Sundsvall(SWE-2).

http://www.sundsvallhockey.se/index....1617&Itemid=70

Tobias Ruelykke from Rødovre seems to have gotten a contract in the United States:

http://www.mightybulls.dk/?p=1189

Some USHL or NAHL team perhaps?

I think the age limit for those leagues is 20. Which I guess means he can play one season there though, since hes a '92.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElQuapo View Post
    Tobias Ruelykke from Rødovre seems to have gotten a contract in the United States:

http://www.mightybulls.dk/?p=1189

Some USHL or NAHL team perhaps?
    It appears he's heading to the Chicago Steel of the USHL.

http://scandhock.com/2012/05/from-co...en-to-chicago/

IHF Member
    So today is the last day for Carolina to sign Frederik Andersen. Rumours have it that his new agent has talked him out of signing with Carolina because of the presence of Cam Ward. I believe he is a UFA if he is not signed.

IHF Member
    Hmm…it obviously makes sense to find the best fit for him, but without knowing what goes around behind the scenes, signing with other another team than Carolina doesn’t necessarily translate into more success down the road.

Again don’t know what Carolina’s plan for Andersen would be this upcoming season (staying in Sweden for another year or move to NA), still I also think it would be reasonable enough if he took the NA route, splitting the year between the NHL/AHL, learning behind Ward and then going forward just see how things develop.
    Last edited by Marras; 31-05-2012 at 20:42.

IHF Member
    Hmm…it obviously makes sense to find the best fit for him, but without knowing what goes around behind the scenes, signing with other another team than Carolina doesn’t necessarily translate into more success down the road.

Again don’t know what Carolina’s plan for Andersen would be this upcoming season (staying in Sweden for another year or move to NA) and if he took the NA route, splitting the between year the NHL/AHL and learning behind Ward, would seem reasonable enough and then going forward just see how things develop.
    Let Islanders sign him as backup for Nabokov, learn from him in the next two seasons and then take over as number one in NYI.

IHF Member
    Other news, yet another Danish player will play abroad this season, after forward Christoffer Kjærgaard has signed with Lausitzer Füchse(Ger-1).
    Last edited by Marras; 31-05-2012 at 21:17.

IHF Member
    Goalie Frederik Andersen has opted not to sign with Carolina and is expected to re-enter this year's draft.

http://tv2sport.dk/andersen-takker-nej-til-nhl-kontrakt
    (article in Danish)

So it came down to Carolina's depth at the goaltending position and should be interesting to see what happens going forward.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information