Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Future Worlds with no NHL players?

FINAL WARNING!

I've asked you all to be nice and you are continuing to chose to ignore that. If you are unable to contribute to this thread without violating the board rules and guidelines, these please don't contribute.

Graham.
    (Moderator)
    "It's very hard to talk quantum using a language originally designed to tell other monkeys where the ripe fruit is."
    ---
    "Night Watch", Terry Pratchett

Kun has made this entire discussion a joke.

"bigot: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance"

Kun- I find it ironic that you criticise me as being a "flamer" for being happy Russia beat canada recently, and questioning the superiority of NHL vs. European leagues.

If somebody wants to insult my homeland, then feel free, i believe in freedom of speech, but it shows you are are one weak little bigoted man.
    ***СЛАЯ***

I agree Slaja, I have made the entire conversation a joke. Your posts here is an excellent one.

YOU WERE WARNED. THREAD LOCKED.

Graham.
    "It's very hard to talk quantum using a language originally designed to tell other monkeys where the ripe fruit is."
    ---
    "Night Watch", Terry Pratchett

Let's be clear on something -

Argue all you want.

Argue passionately. Argue strongly.

BUT BE RESPECTFUL OF EACH OTHER.

Blanket statements that have absolutely no basis in truth, such as -

1. "Everything that is wrong in hockey is the fault of Canadians" or

2. "Everything that is wrong in hockey is the fault of the Europeans and their systems" or

3. "North American hockey players are better and tougher than European players" or

4. "European players are better and more skilled than North American players" or

5. "The NHL and the Canadian media are controlled by the Canadian government and the Canadian people and serve as their mouthpiece"

- are steretypical, and, in generalized, "blanket" form, are simply false, and are to be avoided.....and #5 is absolutely false in all regards.

We're fine with you arguing against specific things, or even stating that you don't like the NHL, or the IIHF, or the KHL, or the style of North American or European hockey, or the schedules of the NHL, or of the European leagues. It's OK to criticize these things - even harshly. But harsh criticism still must avoid stereotypes, and still must not cross the line into name calling and personal attacks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information