Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Israeli League 2010-2011

IHF Member
    thanks Marc

could you help me with the following open point's:

- is it confirmed, that Rekhovot lost 5 times by forfeit in the regular season?

- do you know the score from this Playoff game"?
    Group B: 11.02.2011 HC Haifa Hawks vs. HC Hertzliya

thanks in advance
    Cheers, Franco

I can't find it.........can anybody help out here?

IHF Member
    Rehovot did lose all 5 games in forfeit

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSwoosh101 View Post
    Rehovot did lose all 5 games in forfeit
    thanks guys. Therefore only Haifa vs Hertzlyia open....
    Cheers, Franco

Franco, again - see post #380. Rehovot played one game in Pool B; not sure if that is one of the games you're referring to.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Brunengraber View Post
    Franco, again - see post #380. Rehovot played one game in Pool B; not sure if that is one of the games you're referring to.
    Marc,

no, its not that game. As you know, every team in Group B play three games. On the schedule I found (don't know which one...) was planned on 11.02.2011 HC Haifa Hawks vs HC Hertzliya. Also as per the Haifa-Webpage (http://www.hawkshaifa.com/TablesGame.htm) you can see, that on 11.02.2011 there were planned two games Group A - one game Group B.

In our Forum I found only the scores from Group A (http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...reply&p=192030)

And exactly this missing Group B score, is in my opinion, the score for HC Haifa Hawks vs HC Hertzliya..

Hertzlyia vs Holon (10:3) was played on 03.03.2011

I do not look any longer for any Rekhovot score.....

Or, do I have a confusion?
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member
    Franco some of the scores in the Haifa webpage have been canceled, I'll try to remember about the Haifa vs. Hertzeliya game, and ask someone about the score.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSwoosh101 View Post
    Franco some of the scores in the Haifa webpage have been canceled, I'll try to remember about the Haifa vs. Hertzeliya game, and ask someone about the score.
    thanks. That would be great, if we (well.... you....) could find the score..... this is the only I realy miss...

thanks again
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member
    Well, we have the final set.

18:30- Maccabi Metula vs Bat Yam 3/4th place game

20:45- Metula vs Ma'alot Championship

March 25, 2011 scores:

HC Metula 6, Icebergs Bat Yam 1 (1-0, 3-0, 2-1)

Monfort Maalot 4, Maccabi Metula 1 (1-0, 2-1, 1-0)

Good luck to all of the teams in their upcoming matches.

IHF Member
    March 25, 2011 scores:

HC Metula 6, Icebergs Bat Yam 1 (1-0, 3-0, 2-1)

Monfort Maalot 4, Maccabi Metula 1 (1-0, 2-1, 1-0)

Good luck to all of the teams in their upcoming matches.
    Marc,

as per schedule, there should be three games to play on 25/03:

25.03.2011, Metula, HC Holon vs. HC Rekhovot Eagles ??????
    25.03.2011, Metula, HC Bat Yam vs. HC Metula 1:6
    25.03.2011, Metula, HC Monfort Maalot vs. HC Maccabi Zairei Metula 4:1
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hckeyguy25 View Post
    Well, we have the final set.

18:30- Maccabi Metula vs Bat Yam 3/4th place game

20:45- Metula vs Ma'alot Championship
    they play on April 1st, correct??
    Cheers, Franco

Not sure that the Eagles showed up to play, as you know the difficulties they've had icing a team this season.

I'm sure one of our Israeli members can answer the question for you - gentlemen?

IHF Member
    Not sure that the Eagles showed up to play, as you know the difficulties they've had icing a team this season.

I'm sure one of our Israeli members can answer the question for you - gentlemen?
    I think Bat Yam 2 got a technical loss, meaning rehovot actually won.

And for playoffs, I found out that the points system is flawed. For Shootout loss, you get 0 points, counted as a Loss, and a shootout win is 3 points, just the same as a regulation win. This Point system for the Playoffs is beyond flawed..

So if Bat Yam-2 (Holon) got a technical loss, then the Eagles got the technical win.....

IHF Member
    Final Standings: (For Round Robin)

Top Group
    HC Metula 15
    Ma'alot 9
    Maccabi Metula 8
    Bat Yam 4

Bottom Group
    Herzliya 18
    Haifa 16
    Bat Yam-2 (Holon) 3
    Rehovot 3

As seen here on the hebrew page of Israhockey.co.il:
    http://israhockey.co.il/index.php?op...mid=57&lang=he

Also, for past Standings to see how teams have progressed:
    After 2 Round of Round Robin

After 3 Round of Round Robin
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 28-03-2011 at 18:12. Reason: Added full name of Holon club to avoid confusion

IHF Member
    Btw, the Roster for the world championships has been released:
    http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/269/IHM2690ISR_32E_1_0.pdf

I guess it's time to start a new thread for the world championships, we're about 2 weeks away.

There's already a lot of discussion about the team and the upcoming tournament in South Africa here:

http://forums.internationalhockey.ne...535#post196535

IHF Member
    Ya, just went searching the site after my post, I forgot there was a world championships section.

Marc, what do you think of the roster and Israel's chances, I'm not feeling so optimistic as the other posters were

IHF Member
    So if Bat Yam-2 (Holon) got a technical loss, then the Eagles got the technical win.....

.............. I forgott..... thanks guys!
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member
    Final Standings: (For Round Robin)

Top Group
    HC Metula 15
    Ma'alot 9
    Maccabi Metula 8
    Bat Yam 4

Bottom Group
    Herzliya 18
    Haifa 16
    Bat Yam-2 (Holon) 3
    Rehovot 3

As seen here on the hebrew page of Israhockey.co.il:

Also, for past Standings to see how teams have progressed:
    After 2 Round of Round Robin

After 3 Round of Round Robin
    first thanks guys, but...... do I have to understand,why Rekhovot has now 3 points in the table??? Rekhovot lost all games this season......

And, well, yes, I found the message from hezge (07.03.2011), where he is explaining the "point system" (thanks for that).

I'm realy, relay wondering who have had such "ideas" by the Israel Federation....
    With all respect, but I've never seen before such a stupid calculation for a final-table...

Ok, I believe, the last two scores will be easy to find, because, thhey're the Final games. Therefore the only missing game will be the Haifa Hawks vs Hertzliya (11.02.11). Bad, it is the only score I need to make a complete final table....

Anyway, thanks for helping to ALL in this thread. Great work over the whole season.
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    first thanks guys, but...... do I have to understand,why Rekhovot has now 3 points in the table??? Rekhovot lost all games this season......

And, well, yes, I found the message from hezge (07.03.2011), where he is explaining the "point system" (thanks for that).

I'm realy, relay wondering who have had such "ideas" by the Israel Federation....
    With all respect, but I've never seen before such a stupid calculation for a final-table...

Ok, I believe, the last two scores will be easy to find, because, thhey're the Final games. Therefore the only missing game will be the Haifa Hawks vs Hertzliya (11.02.11). Bad, it is the only score I need to make a complete final table....

Anyway, thanks for helping to ALL in this thread. Great work over the whole season.
    Rekohovt got a technical Win in the last game of the round robin stage.

And I agree Franco, like I've been saying, I wonder who came up with the point system and How?

Because it makes no sense. How did Bat Yam Icebergs start off with 4 points? If you do the calculations, that means Ma'alot started the Round Robin with 3, how is that? Also, shootouts should not decide playoff games and the fact the no points are awarded for a shootout loss is a joke.

IHF Member
    Rekohovt got a technical Win in the last game of the round robin stage.

And I agree Franco, like I've been saying, I wonder who came up with the point system and How?

Because it makes no sense. How did Bat Yam Icebergs start off with 4 points? If you do the calculations, that means Ma'alot started the Round Robin with 3, how is that? Also, shootouts should not decide playoff games and the fact the no points are awarded for a shootout loss is a joke.
    thanks for the info. My bad......Marc wrote that in a earlier message yesterday.... but since Rekhovot lost most of all games by forfeit, I did not recognize, that the last game they won by forfeit (as Marc wrote...... sorry my friend )

Well, you must be drunken to have such "point-system-ideas"...... but if you calculate the final round (Group A and B) with "normal" points (three for a win - two for a win after PEN/OT - one if you lost after PEN/OT - zero if you lost), you're coming exactly to the same "final games"..... and that's, what I did..... to be honest. In twenty years, when I check my own files, i wanna understand, what I did.....
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    thanks for the info. My bad......Marc wrote that in a earlier message yesterday.... but since Rekhovot lost most of all games by forfeit, I did not recognize, that the last game they won by forfeit (as Marc wrote...... sorry my friend )

Well, you must be drunken to have such "point-system-ideas"...... but if you calculate the final round (Group A and B) with "normal" points (three for a win - two for a win after PEN/OT - one if you lost after PEN/OT - zero if you lost), you're coming exactly to the same "final games"..... and that's, what I did..... to be honest. In twenty years, when I check my own files, i wanna understand, what I did.....
    Just saying, if the games were not decided by a shootout, overtime would be the best option and my 2nd option would be just having the games end in a tie with both teams getting a point.

April 1, 2011 results:

BRONZE MEDAL GAME -

Maccabi Metula 6, Icebergs Bat Yam 2

Congratulations to Maccabi Metula on medaling in only their 2nd season of existence! Special mention to the guys who lead the team on and off the ice: national team member Avishai Geller, former national team member Michael Horowitz, and frequent IHF contributor Ben Chernie (Ben, I hope I spelled your last name correctly). Incidentally, Maccabi's goaltender is former U-18 national team member Eden Nemenoff, now in his early twenties.

Bat Yam led 2-0 after one period, before Maccabi took control in the second period. The score was 3-2 Maccabi after two periods. Geller had a hat trick for Maccabi against the Icebergs, who are led by former long-time national team goaltender Evgeni Gussin.

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME -

HC Metula 5, Monfort Maalot 1

HC Metula, formerly the base club for the Israeli U-18 team, now features former longtime national team captain Sergei Belo, and current men's national team starting goaltender Avihu Sorotzky, along with a mix of men's and junior aged players.

Maalot features young forward Vitaly Schwarzman, the league's leading scorer this year, who has played for both the Israel U-18's and the men's national team.

Interestingly, Sorotzky won the Israeli League championship last season with Monfort Maalot, and now faced off against them in the championship game this season.

The game was 0-0 after one period, and 1-0 Metula after two periods. The score remained this way until there were about 4 minutes left to play - in that timespan, Metula exploded for a 4-0 lead, followed by Schwarzman breaking Sorotzky's shutout bid, and Metula scoring late to ice the championship with the 5-1 victory.

Distinguished guests participated at the Championship’s closing ceremony: a member of Netanya city municipality and the captain of the Israel Judo team Yael Razvozov; Alexander Uvarov - “Maccabee” Tel Aviv soccer team coach (and the Israeli national soccer team coach); the Deputy Mayor of Maalot city Alexander Pomeranez; and “Merkaz Canada” arena General Manager Hagai Rosenbaum.

Congratulations to HC Metula on the championship and to Maalot for the silver medal!
    Last edited by Marc Brunengraber; 05-04-2011 at 00:09. Reason: Corrected one item

Yakov Perel who just visited us wa an mvp

I want to know if there is video of either game.

IHF Member

Group B: 11.02.2011 HC Haifa Hawks vs. HC Hertzliya

Group B: 11.02.2011 HC Haifa Hawks vs. HC Hertzliya 1:4
    Cheers, Franco

How did you finally dig that missing score up, Franco? LOL

IHF Member
    How did you finally dig that missing score up, Franco? LOL
    Hi Marc,

you know.... I'll never give up....

I've tried to find something with the hebrew letters (copy-paste..... of course, I do not understand this language...) and I found this page:

http://www.galilole.org.il

There is a link to "Ice Hockey" and they've, at least, sometimes published gamereports from the Israel League.

So, I could now finish all the tables (preliminary round and 2nd round).

What would be great is, when the Israel Federation would publish the final stats. Untill 04.03.2011, the stats you can find on the Federation page...
    Cheers, Franco

IHF Member
    I thought Rehovot disbanded due to a lack of players willing and able to travel to the rink in Metulla for games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegze View Post
    no, they are still signed up, no idea why.
    they just canceled their game against us scheduled for this Friday, making it 3 games in a row.
    I asked the same question and got the answer that to know why Rehovot still on the list and WILL be next year, one should check who is running Rehovot's organization (called 'amuta' - non profit).
    Now I have no idea who is it and where to find that info, anyone has any suggestions?
    Also I would like to know, is there youth hockey development program in Rehovot, since it might be more convenient to me to drop my kid there.

IHF Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itzuken View Post
    I asked the same question and got the answer that to know why Rehovot still on the list and WILL be next year, one should check who is running Rehovot's organization (called 'amuta' - non profit).
    Now I have no idea who is it and where to find that info, anyone has any suggestions?
    Also I would like to know, is there youth hockey development program in Rehovot, since it might be more convenient to me to drop my kid there.
    For the greater good of Israel Hockey, Rehovot should just fold and Rishon Devils should take there spot in the league. The players on Rehovot should find spots on other teams like Holon and Herzliya.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread Information